Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM06 | Canucks defeat Predators | 1-0 (Suter) | SILOVS! SUTER! HEROES!

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The Preds were NOT an easy out. They were f***ing for real. One of the best teams in the entire league in the calendar year, coming in hot to the playoffs. They were deep, well coached, extremely defensive and checked tight, had a terrifying first line, and had a brilliant goalie in net. The Canucks should be EXTREMELY proud of this series win. I unironically think Edmonton will be easier. We have a path to the cup finals now. 12 MORE.
So I was impressed the Brunette turned a stretch play, quick-up team into one that forechecked hard and then blocked a ton of shots in their own end. I'm not sure the Oilers can do that.

LA did manage to contain McDavid, and we're going to have to commit completely to our defensive play to keep doing that. We might be a terrible matchup for them because we're similar to the Kings in defensive structure but we don't have that baggage of losing to them all the time. And we have better goaltending.

I don't think Skinner is that great. We should be able to take advantage of him, he doesn't move laterally all that well. The Oilers are playing better defence but they're not necessarily structured, they are just trying hard. That might fall apart easily if they get frustrated.

I think we saw some flashes of dropping another forward for puck support in breakouts and I don't think it's a surprise that we got more shots in the third period than we have basically all series. Tocchet needs to learn from this and they need to figure out their PP. Kind of crazy that it feels like we can rely on the PK now considering what it was the previous two seasons.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I’ll enjoy that moment today

And pray we get our shit together for Edmonton. This will not fly against them.

Reactions: Svencouver

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Predators couldn't beat the Canucks 3rd string goalie WITH the refs swallowing their whistles with how much they clutched, grabbed and interfered with impunity.

Humiliating loss for the Predators. I can't even imagine if I was a fan of that team how crushing it would be.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
So Silovs at least stats wise improved every game. What a performance tonight.

Chaos Giraffe at the end.

JT Miller with the head lock and then the flying elbow on Silovs. Beauty.

Of course Petey has a point/helped make the most important goal happen.

Beoser is built for the playoffs, nuff said.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Silvos is the
giphy.gif

Kid with a shutout in an elimination game! To come in under the circumstances and play the way he did is ice cold. So happy for him and the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad