Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM06 | Canucks defeat Predators | 1-0 (Suter) | SILOVS! SUTER! HEROES!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Giraffes were always my favourite animal.

tumblr_nof5uwXL7D1u6zdt0o1_400.gif

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
It's your duty, Canucks fans far and wide, to be as toxic as possible to these fanbases who cheered for our demise in 2011.

Do not be a 'nice guy'. This is war.

We will crush the Coilers. see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women.

BROCK BOESER

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Well, looks like DeSmith may not play another game unless Silovs completely shits the bed.
Hopefully Demko returns soon.... Unless Silovs has a hidden bubble mode as well. Cause Edmonton's offense is not even in the same realm as Nashville's.
If we play the Tocchet system well, it will limit chances and I think Silovs can handle that based on what I've seen so far. I think he's actually better than what I saw of him in the AHL.

The thing we can't do is go full Calgary 2022 and think that we can run with the Oilers. Then there'll be more lateral chances on Silovs which is dangerous.

Preds were playing a similar style of hockey as the Oilers and adapted it when they couldn't beat our defensive structure. But the OIlers have much higher level talent. Still, we've already shown we can put a team off their game, so let's hope something similar happens against Edmonton and that we minimize the gamebreaking McDavid plays.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
The team has been playing excellent defense, but the offense is basically non-existent. I wonder if that is the least average shots per game by a series winner?

Reactions: quat

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
If we play the Tocchet system well, it will limit chances and I think Silovs can handle that based on what I've seen so far. I think he's actually better than what I saw of him in the AHL.

The thing we can't do is go full Calgary 2022 and think that we can run with the Oilers. Then there'll be more lateral chances on Silovs which is dangerous.

Preds were playing a similar style of hockey as the Oilers and adapted it when they couldn't beat our defensive structure. But the OIlers have much higher level talent. Still, we've already shown we can put a team off their game, so let's hope something similar happens against Edmonton and that we minimize the gamebreaking McDavid plays.
Yeah, Silovs has done a solid job but Canucks allowed almost nothing in terms of dangerous chances on cross-ice passes, breakaways or 2-on-1's, rebounds, guys wide open in the slot, etc.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, Silovs has done a solid job but Canucks allowed almost nothing in terms of dangerous chances on cross-ice passes, breakaways or 2-on-1's, rebounds, guys wide open in the slot, etc.

Oilers offense will be much harder to contain than the Preds. Hopefully Silovs can make those saves when breakdowns inevitably happen.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

Corrected the “somebody better buy” to “I better buy”

Aqua definitely reads tweets and maybe he’s even on HF

I think I'm going to that fancy ass restaurant their family owns tomorrow night, maybe I'll see him treating the team to dinner.

Reactions: wonton15

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

Corrected the “somebody better buy” to “I better buy”

Aqua definitely reads tweets and maybe he’s even on HF

I've said it a million times, why be a billionaire NHL owner if you aren't going to pressure Buttman for fabourable treatment?

Aquilini needs to get his ass to NYC and buy a lot of hookers and blow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad