GDT: WCQF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 30th | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Hey, hey, I wanna be a Brock Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Watching Colorado...wow. Just deadly in transition.

Canucks/Preds would stand no chance against them.

In some ways though, i think Canucks might actually match up better against that sort of system. So much of what the Canucks do best when they're really "on" is that counterattacking stuff.

It's why we struggle mightily against teams like LA who just don't bother to "attack" at all. So there's nothing to counter off of.

Nashville kind of play the same way as Canucks. Really try to feast off turnovers, broken plays, counter-attacking. Which is what has made this series so...ponderous. Low shots, low chances.

Avs and Oilers are both kind of "scary" in transition with their speed. But it also opens up the door to let them play right into the teeth of this team's defensive structure and burn them going the other way.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
This league is so cooked. No penalty called and then it’s a major? Refs didn’t even see it

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
It's crazy to me how Hellebuyck just fell apart. He's let in what? 20+ goals?
To be fair Winnipeg went full Calgary vs the Oilers two years against and didn't really play their system at all. Hellebuyck is good in straight lines and Colorado is just whipping the puck around east west which doesn't play into his strengths.

Reactions: Wry n Ginger

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Hellebuyck come playoff time really stinks, it's like he's morphed into bad Luongo meltdowns.

Also, I'm sick of Nik Ehlers. Guy is this supposed awesome player but when the playoffs comes, he hasn't scored worth a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad