GDT: WCQF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 30th | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Hey, hey, I wanna be a Brock Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I'm not a big fan of the kid holding up a white towel on a stick. That's the universal signal for surrender.
Not to mention that U2 is the worst f***ing band in the world. But even that i admit the song works for our intro, but even if i hear that song on the radio IMMEDIATELY turn that Bono shit off

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
That's what always annoyed me about waving the towels. Roger was SURRENDERING to the officials.
Many years ago Darcy Tucker was pissed at a ref's call. He was sitting on the bench beside Mogilny. Tucker held up a white towel on a stick and Mogilny reached up and tore it down and gave Tucker hell. Mogilny was pissed. Tucker was cowed by the veteran. It was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in hockey.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Many years ago Darcy Tucker was pissed at a ref's call. He was sitting on the bench beside Mogilny. Tucker held up a white towel on a stick and Mogilny reached up and tore it down and gave Tucker hell. Mogilny was pissed. Tucker was cowed by the veteran. It was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in hockey.

Yes we've all read the plaque on the Mogliny statue.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Cheering my team on although I am heartbroken. Just came back from the vet with my yellow lab Bella. Just was told she has a tumor and bone growth on her spine. Pretty much told to enjoy the rest of my days with her since I don't have long. :(

Go Canucks
Sorry to hear that. Make that time you have left with Bella count. And when it's time, you be there with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad