GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Yep. The NHL really needs to figure out a way to consistently deal with this type of infraction. We’ve got Zadorov being suspended, Manson and Joshua getting minors, and Moore getting nothing, almost all for identical hits.
NHL's logic is if its in the regular season then you get tossed and probably suspended

Playoffs as long as there's no injury you get 2 mins.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
This isn’t what happened though. Stastny was trying to fish the puck out and had his back turned as a result. It wasn’t the last second. And sure, he put himself in a “vulnerable” position, but it’s a hit from behind and I think we were fortunate there wasn’t a five minute major. Not a ton separating this from the Miller hit from behind where everyone was calling for a five minute major.

Imagine if that was Hughes getting hit from behind, and suffering what is likely a concussion and being out the rest of the playoff. People would be calling for a suspension, and rightfully so.

Joshua needs to be more careful. It’s his responsibility to not finish a guy hard into the boards and from hind.
This. Switch the jerseys and that GDT adds about 25 extra pages of outrage from Canuck fans.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I can't get Drance out of my head when he occasionally brings up how amazing a play driving winger LW JT is when I try and figure out how to play our best six forwards that Coach Rick trusts together.

JT-Lindholm-Brock Boeser
Joshua-Pettersson-Conor Garland
Podkolzin-Suter-Hoglander(super sheltered so this is a home ice look)
Mikheyev-Blueger-Lafferty
We haven’t seen JT Miller on the wing since was Horvat traded for any extended period of time. This has also been his best stretch of hockey he has played in career to date. I think some of play driving numbers are due to lotto line dominating play in past years so I don’t a ton of stock into his play driving numbers. I also think if the last two games showed us anything JT Miller should be playing against the OReilly line Lindholm got dominated in game 2 and 3 when lined up against them and did not generate any offence in game 3.

Also again don’t break up Suter-Miller-Boeser.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Would like to see Podz in this game. Only roster changes so far have been involuntary. Think it's time for Tocchet to shuffle the deck a little bit and get some fresh legs and give NAS a new look to think about.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
As a Canuck fan, why would I assume a positive outcome?
I forgot who reported it, I think it was Seravelli, he said he expected both DeSmith/Silovs to play in this series. I wouldn’t be shocked if they had a load management plan

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I hope we see the lotto line together today for some stretches. When your offence is stale sometimes you gotta load up. Especially with Lindholm giving you a solid 2nd line now with Garland and Dakota.

Reactions: alternate

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I hope we see the lotto line together today for some stretches. When your offence is stale sometimes you gotta load up. Especially with Lindholm giving you a solid 2nd line now with Garland and Dakota.
Tocchet went to the line pretty often in G2. I think he’ll do it again if the team needs a goal.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Must win game, I don't want to fly back to Nashville for 6.

The Canucks have dominated the majority of the games and game 3 was much closer than game 2 was.

Just win. Canucks have never lost in Nashville in the playoffs.

Reactions: alternate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad