GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: April 28th, 2:00PM PST
WHERE: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, USA
TV: CBC/Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Series
Canucks Lead 2-1

Canucks Line-Up:
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Höglander-EP40-Mikheyev
Di Giuseppe-Blueger-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

Silovs

Predators Line-Up:

TBD

Saros

Pre & Post-Game Coverage
Video
The Province
https://www.youtube.com/@TheProvince/videos

Sekeres & Price
https://www.youtube.com/@SekeresPrice/videos

Canucks Army
https://www.youtube.com/@Canucks_Army/videos

Rinkwide Vancouver
https://www.youtube.com/@rinkwidevancouver/videos

Donnie & Dhali (/w John Garrett)
https://www.youtube.com/@donnieanddhali/videos

Sportsnet 650
Halford & Brough
Drance
Satiar & Dan

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Jeez, I don't think I realized this was going to be a 2:00PM game. At least it's not the dreaded morning start.

Really need to knuckle down and grind this one out. Coming back to Vancouver up 3-1 would be unbelievably massive.

Game 4 always feels like the biggest game in a series to met (other than Game 7, I guess). Either someone's going home, another team's got another in a choke hold, or it's all tied up.

Reactions: Vector

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Game 4 always feels like the biggest game in a series to met (other than Game 7, I guess). Either someone's going home, another team's got another in a choke hold, or it's all tied up.

game 4 is where the guys playing hurt or over their heads on adrenaline start to wear down. mcdonaugh's minutes going up each game so he is now playing 25 minutes a night is what i am watching. if he breaks down the preds are done.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Load up the lines imo

Miller/Lindholm-Boeser
Joshua-Petey-Garland
Hoglander-Blueger-Lafferty
Mikheyev-Suter-PDG

I really don’t like Hoglander with Pettersson. I just don’t think it works, Hoglander is much better with guys he can forecheck and crash and bang with as he’s not the greatest puck handler.

As much as Lindholm has been fine as of late, I think it’s a waste of his talents to keep playing him as the 3C. Playing wing + with Miller and Boeser should allow him to open up more offensively.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Jeez, I don't think I realized this was going to be a 2:00PM game. At least it's not the dreaded morning start.

Really need to knuckle down and grind this one out. Coming back to Vancouver up 3-1 would be unbelievably massive.

I don't think the start time is a big deal in this case. Obviously it played a role in the Minnesota circus but that was during a stretch of the season where they were bouncing between timezones and game times. During the 10 day stretch before they went from EST to CST to PST back to CST with start time all over the place. Much easier when both teams are on the same schedule.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Hope it was just because of the flu last game, we are not winning this game with another mere 12 shots on goal.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'd be down to try:

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Mikheyev - Lafferty - Podkolzin

or:

Hoglander - Pettersson - Podkolzin
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Mikheyev - Blueger - Lafferty

If you prefer PDG over Mikh or Lafferty for PK, that's fine too.

Reactions: Soups On

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
re: lindholm, i think the reason we have won two games so far is center depth.

so i would keep lindholm on his own line, although i wouldn’t be averse to swapping dak and garland to petey’s line and hog and mik to lindholm’s.

i also wouldn’t mind bringing pod in for pdg and going

suter jtm boes
josh petey garland
hog lindholm pod
mik bluegers laff

although that would be more of a home ice sub than something i’d try on the road after an emotional win

Reactions: HockeyWooot

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Load up the lines imo

Miller/Lindholm-Boeser
Joshua-Petey-Garland
Hoglander-Blueger-Lafferty
Mikheyev-Suter-PDG

I really don’t like Hoglander with Pettersson. I just don’t think it works, Hoglander is much better with guys he can forecheck and crash and bang with as he’s not the greatest puck handler.

As much as Lindholm has been fine as of late, I think it’s a waste of his talents to keep playing him as the 3C. Playing wing + with Miller and Boeser should allow him to open up more offensively.

I like trying Pettersson with Joshua-Garland, though I wish it was trialed earlier in the year. I'd do this:

Suter-Miller-Boeser (no reason to break this line up)
Joshua-Petterson-Garland
Hoglander-Lindholm-Mikheyev
PDG-Blueger-Lafferty (this line has also been performing well in managed minutes)

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Really don't see Tocchet breaking up the 3rd line when he's using them as his match up line. Would be nice to have some more options for playing beside Petey, as neither Hogs or Mikh have been consistent offensive threats.

Alas, this is what we have to work with. Just need to hope that each game of experience helps this group be that much more effective.

Lotta pressure on Nashville for this one. Need to ride the initial storm, and find a way to score first. RoR won't be fazed, but hopefully some other Preds will start squeezing their sticks too tight and make some dumb decisions.

olafsson

Jun 18, 2017
Need a full 60 min effort like the other games. None of this sleepwalking 3rd period shit. That needs to go, I damn near had a heart attack watching that 3rd period last game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad