Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks lose to Nashville Predators | 4-1 (Zadorov) | Stars Can't Score

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Oh f*** off with this post-game though. The Canucks have the flu? That kind of explains some of it. But of course they'd get run through with a stupid virus in the middle of trying to do playoffs.
This years flu is no f***ing joke too… f***ing hell. I had it and everyone I knew who had it was f***ed up for a full week.

Reactions: biturbo19

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Preds game plan direspected our ability to score from the slot and focused on clogging up the middle instead, particularly emphasizing on keeping Hughes pressured so he can't make plays. And if we got shots off they trusted Saros.

We did dominate them in the 1st but got so little done because we kept passing up slot looks and as Preds guessed we kept trying to force crossice or up to the point, so either too many bodies or deflected/wide passes.

Pace fell off in the 2nd, Forsberg came in clutch for one, CDS inevitably gave a freebie and that was it. Even with Z sniping one the game was done because Brunette did the obvious and just trapped when the 3rd started so the odds were really stacked against us to score two.

We don't have Demko to save the team from themselves so if they can't score when they're giving the looks then there's no hope. Maybe some bad luck, sure, but it showed at points the team was frustrated and didn't know what to do next. The Preds didn't get much done themselves but they're full of talented vets who wont make mistakes when they have a window and they'll beat us again if the team comes out double clutching in Nashville.

Reactions: B-rock and Jay26

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I don't think anyone expects us to win the cup now. But that doesn't matter. All that matters is winning on Friday in Nashville. It's the playoffs. Anything can happen.
The moment Demko went down our odds for the cup went to shit. I think we should make it to the next round but getting past the 2nd round without Demko would be heroics. Would need CdS to channel Halak energy.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
The moment Demko went down our odds for the cup went to shit. I think we should make it to the next round but getting past the 2nd round without Demko would be heroics. Would need CdS to channel Halak energy.

Was hoping that this core would get more playoff experience this year but I guess we’ll need to settle for one round unless something major happens

Reactions: arttk

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
That's the way this team can win, but you have to get more than 1 in 5 shots on net to do it.

Even a shot that doesn't register as a high danger chance would be welcome if it were on net. Make the goalie make a save.
Yes, I hope Tocchet goes around and slap all our players around and tell them to knock it off and just get it on net. Don’t hold on to the puck for more than half a second before wiring it.

Reactions: David71 and B-rock

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
How is anyone surprised that Demko is done? Was basically said earlier today.

Tocchet has stated many times the team needs to shoot more.

But team clearly isnt listening nor can they hit the net even when they try.

Team has been shit for last 2 months.

All I hear are excuses as to why they can’t win.

Demko was their only chance.

That’s gone.

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Personally I roll with DeSmith again next game. Give him one more chance to write his story. If he falters again then it's Silovs ship to sink.

I'd tend to agree tbh. We're all eager for Silovs to the rescue. But walking into that Nashville building for their own first home game of the playoffs...that's a lot. It's a wild atmosphere.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad