Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks lose to Nashville Predators | 4-1 (Zadorov) | Stars Can't Score

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Pettersson needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror and figure out if he really wants to play in this city. He's completely in his own head.

Right now, it looks like he would rather be on a beach somewhere with a drink in his hand.

It's honestly terrifying that he's going into next season making $4 million more than he is today. He's not even playing up to his current cap hit.
All you guys need to chill out with these takes. You are going to look like idiots when he comes back next season strong.

It’s the same thing that Benning bros do when the gloat about Benning moves only to look like absolute dumbasses in like a couple of months.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I want to see every single player with even a modicum of a hard shot (Hronek, Miller, etc) absolutely hammering it every chance they get.

Let the Predators get banged up trying to block shots.

By Game 5 or 6, they'll be so sore that either:

They'll stop trying to block shots, giving us more scoring chances

or

They'll be banged up and move slower, get up slower from hits, etc, giving us more chances to retrieve and retain the puck

Canucks played decent outside ep and a bit Hughes.
If effort keeps happening they can win lucks another thing none tonight

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Too many times the Canucks passed up a shot and tried to be too cute with it.

Players look like they are in their heads - maybe it's to be expected with an inexperienced and young group

Disappointing

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Hughes was trying but wasnt himself today, was falling down all 1st. Miller trying but not finishing. Boeser not doing enough. Petey is just trash, no sugar coating it, zero intensity or emotion other than woe is me

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Feels like being on the road will help this team

All the talk about first playoffs in 9 years for Vancouver, crowd going crazy, lots of inexperienced guys

Hopefully a nice back to basics grindy road game with more shots on net and a win in Game 3

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
It seemed like the Preds just got all 5 guys into the blue paint once they got the second goal, and Saros had a hell of a game.

Desmith wasn’t good, but neither was Hughes (worst game I’ve seen from him in a while) or the rest of the top players for that matter. Too many missed passes and grade A chances. They just seemed off and puck luck wasn’t with them.

Zadorov was great tho. And the 4th line was useful.

This Preds team doesn’t scare me and I’m keeping the faith for the moment as I think over a series the Canucks will control the ice and some of those chances will go. But the Canucks do need passable goaltending.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I want to see every single player with even a modicum of a hard shot (Hronek, Miller, etc) absolutely hammering it every chance they get.

Let the Predators get banged up trying to block shots.

By Game 5 or 6, they'll be so sore that either:

They'll stop trying to block shots, giving us more scoring chances

or

They'll be banged up and move slower, get up slower from hits, etc, giving us more chances to retrieve and retain the puck
Ep had a chance to blow up Jossi and wouldn't its f. Kin playoffs ffs

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Also - don’t see how we can hang this on DeSmith. A complete fluke, an absolute goal scorer’s goal by Forsberg, and a good initial save with no D clearing up the rebound on the third. He didn’t have much to do, but those three weren’t exactly “OMG he sucks” goals. IMO.

DeSmith bit hard on Forsbergs deke and left the corner open. Guy needs to make a save on at least one of those if we want to win the game.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Preds have figured out that our forwards are trained to drop the puck to the point when they enter the zone so they pressure the D and either take away the shooting lane or just block the shot.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
We are winning this series. AINEC.

I can't name one thing about Nashville that scares me.

Boys are young and still learning. First time in the playoffs with the pressure on them. The bounce back next game will be glorious.

Go Canucks Go!!!
Baby P gets it. The Preds are dog shit

Not to be arrogant, they played great at the end to shut us down but no way that team beats us

Hughes had a bad game. It happens. You know he will be hard on himself and be back for game three. FACT

JT Miller has been quiet so far you know he will Miller up the place and crush these guys

Pettersson, Hoglander... Im not as confident with them but if they do get it going... Fuhhgetaboudit

Game three is ours. Man I love this team :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad