GDT: WCQF Game 6: San Jose Sharks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 4:00PM | By Our Powers Combined

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
It’s not over but I wonder what a loss like this will do to the team mentally. Home ice is overrated in the playoffs.

We had no offense and we were lucky they didn’t win it in the first OT with some of the opportunities they had.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
flyers fan here, everytime on the pp, they were just being too cute on the passing when they got into the offensive zone, just shoot the puck, that's why the shorthanded goal happen, too cute on the passing, just get on net.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well the series isn't over but my god if they don't pull together and play exactly like they did in the third period, even better..it's over.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Feel like Fleury got jinxed because of the game day thread. Captain God Mode Fleury was anything but.

If Vegas gives a similar effort in game 7 though, they should be fine.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Flurry sucked on both goals

This could be why he was benched in favor of Murray for Fleury's last 2 cup rings. Well he did play well in one series where Murray was out, but still. Both goals I thought were soft and when I came home and saw the highlights I thought it was even softer. Other than last year, his playoff history has overall been mostly been letting down his team. But we really should have buried more goals and it shouldn't have had to come down to Fleury having to pitch a shutout to get the win.

Gallant let Wild Bill take too many faceoffs at the beginning of the period and power plays. In the other games we won, the Stastny line started first. The Wild Bill line had lots of chances because of the forecheck, but he just sucks at faceoffs. I really don't know how they missed so many open nets from the distances that they shot at. They had so many great chances, but kept hitting the boards instead. I really hope they win game 7, but its anyone's game now.

I really don't know how sharks fans can say that the refs have been on our side. They let san jose do anything and swallowed their whistles.

I'm worried about them being mentally down and I'm sure that the sharks will come out flying at home. Fleury can't let in any more soft goals and we need to aim better.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Gallant is too stubborn with his lineup choices imho. Well scratching Carp is a bit of a surprise since I thought he was a Gallant favorite, but the power play really could use Gusev or Pirri. His lineup is set for game 7. There's no way that he makes a change despite Nosek being an offensive black hole.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Fleury got completely outplayed tonight. Period.

It's not over, but it will be if they don't show up for a full 60 on Tuesday. And it's time for Pirri to come in and slide Nosek down. We need to make the 3rd line a legit threat to score and I doubt GG will throw Gusev in so Pirri it is.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Texted my son during the game "if we had a sniper, we'd win easy, we had just soooooooooooooooooooooo many chances". Take a gamble, I'd slide Nosek to the 4th line and put Gusev in. Just not a Pirri fan.

Seven months ago, I said we'd have a better team this year with less results. Hope they prove me wrong Tuesday (in regulation please, I need to get up at 2 AM Wednesday for work!!)

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Game 7 will probably be a different game. I doubt the team will play like it did in game 6. BUT the team could convert more if its chances and that could be enough to win.

This was our lowest scoring game despite it being the game that we had by far the most chances in.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Wow can't believe you are giving it to you best player like that. First goal wasn't soft. Second wasn't easy but you would expect Fleury to make it. Got moving wrong direction just a bit and cost him.

You guys should really be blaming Theodore on that play IMO. Pretty weak to not make a good swipe at the puck at least. Looked like an easy play to knock it away from Hertl who admitted he was tired on that play.

Also saying series is now over is ridiculous. Knights killed them in shots and series tied at 3. You guys are one spoiled fan base if you think like that. guess can't blame you going to finals in first year and looking maybe even stronger this year. Like the kids like to say "it's not fair!".

GTFO. Who is saying it's over? Fleury did let in 2 soft goals, but he stopped other tough chances. I think many are worried that the loss can mentally break the team, but no one is saying it's over. The team has to know that the sharks is feeling really good right now and it's going to be tough so that might be even better for them knowing that they don't have home ice and the crowd behind them so they cannot let up from the beginning or it really will be over.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
""Twitter"" ... the land of the absent minded... blame Fleury. A tad out of position, perhaps. Just a bit confused as to why the Las Vegas player did not knock Hertl off the puck. Very poor effort. Coasted along side of him for a good 15 feet doing nothing. Weird.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
It's not like it has to be one or the other. Theo didn't get back quick enough, but I expect Fleury to have both goals he gave up. Those were both very stoppable shots and proved to be the difference, potentially in the series.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Fleury got completely outplayed tonight. Period.

It's not over, but it will be if they don't show up for a full 60 on Tuesday. And it's time for Pirri to come in and slide Nosek down. We need to make the 3rd line a legit threat to score and I doubt GG will throw Gusev in so Pirri it is.
.931 SV.

Team scored 1 goal in regulation. Whose fault was that?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Haven't had the short one lately...maybe now the time. :thumbu:

(Crap, am I being kinda positive again?) :laugh:

No, just being a prophet?

Jones is so beatable tonight but we can't get the puck on net.

Try shooting the puck on the net!

59 SOG. Plus 26 missed shots, 34 blocked shots.

Still no call?

Vegas ref you suck chants: 1
San Jose refs you suck chants: 45

Refs kept their whistles in their pocket for most of the game. Almost had to draw blood to get a penalty this game.

61 is such a crap number.

Did he keep his rookie number?

Stone? I haven't done the research on his jersey # history. :sarcasm:

(Braun has only had the one # playing for the Sharks. He wore #44 in the AHL.)

End it here

So it shall be.

Ditto, we gave Jones confidence, and then proceeded to play with zero killer instinct.

Confidence comes from within, mainly.

New NHL record: first ever game winning SHG in game with multiple OTs.
Longest game of 2019 playoffs, thus far.
New Sharks record: 58 saves. Old record set in 1992 -- before the Sharks played in San Jose at the arena, while they were still at the old Cow Palace -- set by Jeff Hackett at 57.
First time the Sharks have ever come back from 1-3 series deficit to force game 7.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
""Twitter"" ... the land of the absent minded... blame Fleury. A tad out of position, perhaps. Just a bit confused as to why the Las Vegas player did not knock Hertl off the puck. Very poor effort. Coasted along side of him for a good 15 feet doing nothing. Weird.
Well Theodore had a very strong game outside of that. I think he was trying to pressure Hertl to shoot far side and assumed that Fleury would stop it.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Now that I've largely recovered (not) from that thing last night, I gotta say the game reminded me of some of our early season losses...win the stats, lose the game. But credit to Jones, as the last two games he hasn't been the same old Marty we had all come to know and love. :laugh: Sharks deserved the game...because they scored more goals. :nod:

What happened to the Stastny line? I know some regression had to be expected, but they've fallen off a cliff. :( Listening to SinBin Ken this morning (bad, I know), he speculated Stone may be playing hurt. Who knows?

Anyway, it ain't over til it's over (I just made that up :laugh:), and I'm taking some (small) comfort in the fact that home ice hasn't meant much overall in these playoffs.

As it suddenly looks like we can't put the puck in the net again, I'm hoping Flower can get back to his game. I think he's been good enough for us to win when we've been scoring, but not great this series. Hasn't looked the same since paternity leave. Rested, yes, but maybe not so sharp. Certainly not as on his game as he was before the leave.

Whatever happens Tuesday, I'll be okay with it. Disappointed a bit if we lose, of course. Especially as my expectations grew some with the Stone Age. And then going up 3-1 in games this series. But knowing last season could never be replicated, I was just hoping we'd make the playoffs again. And taking the Sharks to 7, I guess that's okay.

I know this sounds a bit like a post mortem, but I'm still waiting on that positivity prescription to arrive! :laugh:

Reactions: mooncalf

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
.931 SV.

Team scored 1 goal in regulation. Whose fault was that?

Okay, but Fleury did let in two very weak goals. I constantly criticized Subban for letting in these weak shots from the blue line. Well now I am criticizing Fleury for doing the same.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Okay, but Fleury did let in two very weak goals. I constantly criticized Subban for letting in these weak shots from the blue line. Well now I am criticizing Fleury for doing the same.
I don't disagree. I was responding to a comment that he was "completely outplayed". He let in 1 very weak goal (the other one in regulation wasn't that weak IMO, weakish!) and stopped some quality chances. Again, when your team puts up only 1 goal, kinda myopic to put the loss on the goalie. Go get em tomorrow Knights!

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Positive: We dominated 4 out of 6 games. Dominate in game 7, odds are we will win.
I'm not really worried.

All we've ever said is that you just need to get pucks to the net and Jones will let some in, I think last night was Jones playing out of his mind and I don't know if he can do that again. Some of shots we saw were poor, but that's a credit to the Sharks D, again I'm wondering if they can do that again. The Knights outplayed the Sharks last night, and I think that happens again in game 7 with the result we should have had last night.

I've heard plenty of players say that once you hit the bench it's just another game. If the Knights play their game, I think there's a great shot that they pull it out.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
I’ve seen so many comments on Twitter land about how Fleury and/or Shea cost us that game. . While I do agree that Fleury should have had at least one of those, I don’t think he lost the game for us. And while Shea did screw up there, it was in the 5th period of a game. Bottom line is you’re not winning very many hockey games with only scoring 1 goal.

When the Stone line was lighting it up, it was great but I was also a little concerned that we can’t only rely on 3 players to win a series. If they were gonna take a dip the other 15 skaters needed to step up. And they haven’t. We just can’t hope that Walnuts, Stone and Patches can get 10 points a game and that’s how we advance.

All that being said, it’s amazing what a nights sleep can do. Last night, I was 100% convinced that was the end of the series. It’s over. We’re losing on Tuesday night. I’m not even watching the game.

Now I feel a little more positive. By tomorrow I’ll be excited for the game. We can do this!

Go Knights Go!!

:vegas:vegas:vegas:vegas:vegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad