GDT: WCQF Game #5 ★ Calgary Flames vs Dallas Stars, 4:30PM CT ★ FS-SW, CBC, SN, NBCSN ★ Series tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limp Dekes

Jun 27, 2019
Maybe this was a good team to cut our teeth on, take the mf training wheels off for next round :P
That's what I'm really hoping for, similar to the slow start to the season. Stars have looked good for the past 4 games, though they've had their trouble finishing chances.

Reactions: Dynamite Time
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Well, for better and worse, that looked more like a regular season Stars' win. I'm getting bored of seeing Calgary, hope they end it in six so I can watch the Avs for a while instead.

Like half the Stars team is pissing me off right now with all the stick whacks they're throwing towards Flames' hands - that shit is gonna get called at some point :shakehead

Yup, attempted hand slash turned into a face whack and got called, could've been costly, but the Stars got lucky.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah it's crazy how much better Sekera and Fedun looked. I don't know if was usage or what, but they were noticeable in the offensive zone, and I didn't notice them in the defensive zone. They didn't play a ton as well. All around a great day based on that for those 2.

Limp Dekes

Jun 27, 2019
Made the wife to a celebration shot with me haha

Living in Calgary as a Stars fan I’m so happy they came through this afternoon. Long way from over, but I’ll take it for now
Happy for you and @Kipper 17. A series against the home town team has a lot more weight/investment to it. I was beyond thrilled back in 2008 when we beat the Sharks.

Still need to get that last win.

Reactions: Kipper 17

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Boy we struggled on the faceoff dot in thr last 2 min..gave them alot of zone time as a result. Kudos for making the High level chances a minimum though

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Frustrating game but a big win. Definitely could have and should have been 3 or 4 to 1.

Outcome is the same though, so I'm happy regardless.

One more win.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Let's move this discussion to the series talk thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad