Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: August 17th, 7:30PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific, NBCSN
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks lead Best-of-Seven Series 2-1

b4f04de3-9fa5-49ed-a03a-2c6a9f361681-jpeg.359607

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Boeser - Pettersson- Miller
Eriksson - Horvat - Pearson
Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen
Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Tanev

Fantenberg - Benn

Markstrom

Canucks’ Top Scorers:
Quinn Hughes - 7GP, 1G, 8A, 9Pts
Elias Pettersson - 7GP, 4G, 5A, 9Pts
Bo Horvat - 7GP, 6G, 2A, 8Pts

St. Louis Blues’ Starting Lineup:

Schwarz - O’Reilly - Perron
Schenn - Bozak - Sundqvist
Sanford - Thomas - Blais

MacEachern - De La Rose - Kyrou

Gunnarsson - Pietrangelo
Scandella - Parayko
Faulk - Dunn

Allen

Blues’ Top Scorers:
David Perron - 6GP, 4G, 2A, 6Pts
Ryan O’Reilly - 6GP, 1G, 5A, 6Pts
Brayden Schenn - 6GP, 1G, 3A, 4Pts

OPERATION 19 WINS:

Win 1:

Win 2:

Win 3:

Win 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyCHZR4w-94

Win 5:
https://youtu.be/dWnuz68ImNU

Notes in Advance of Game 4:
Canucks F Micheal Ferland is unfit to play.
Canucks F Tyler Toffoli is unfit to play.
Canucks D Tyler Myers is unfit to play.

@Zombotron - if you have a GDT set, shut this one down and post yours!

Moderator’s Note:
Hopefully this is the start of a long, fun run for the fans here to enjoy together. I just want to remind everyone of some rules of decorum before we get underway - treat each other with respect, and please report any posts that you feel violate the Site Rules rather than replying to them. Also, not that it should need repeating at this point - using this thread or this board to cheer against the Canucks is trolling and will be treated accordingly.

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!​

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
St Louis has woken up and Vancouver is starting to see an accumulation of injuries again. Hopefully another big game from the top players....

It would be a real kick in the nuts if the franchise loses yet another series after going up 2-0. Key is to take this one and go up 3-1.

Team going up 2-0 win the series 81.7% of the time.

Team going up 3-1 win roughly wins series 90% of the time.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I am not hitting the panic button yet. Obviously not our best game last night. The good thing is we pushed it to OT and had our fair share of chances to (still) win. Didn’t think we would be sweeping but a good wake up call.

I’d like to see Boeser step up tonight. Arguably his worst game yesterday. Looked to be a step behind.

Very curious if we see a goalie change (highly doubt it) and/or maybe Gaudette draws in?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think the biggest key for Vancouver in this one is to disrupt the St. Louis forecheck to give their defense a bit more time to make their play with the puck. The Blues came in hit on our blue liners last night and forced them into several panic-passes that resulted in good zone timing for them.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Blues were heavy favorites entering this series and if they win tonight, they will be again. In the playoffs, it's not what you'e done in the last week that matters, but how you played your last game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Blues were heavy favorites entering this series and if they win tonight, they will be again. In the playoffs, it's not what you'e done in the last week that matters, but how you played your last game.

Big learning moment for this young group tonight. Very curious to see how they respond to the events of last night and the corresponding pressure that goes with it.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think the thing to take away was despite St. Louis being the better team, the Canucks were still in it all night long.

The blues seem to be targeting Stecher and his side so the forwards need to adjust and support him better. We don't have any other options right now to eat up those minutes. It's galaxy brain thinking that any of the black aces would do a better job or that green would even trust them.

Need some of the guys who had quiet nights last night step up tonight.

Also hopefully Green's ice time and deployment tonight is a little less from the Willie Desjardins school of rostering.

If he sat Virtanen tonight I'd get it but I also get it if he didn't.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
That was our golden opportunity last night. Sigh. Don't feel good about today's chances (but then I never feel good about our chances, haha).
I remember being up 2-1 in games against the Gretzky-led Kings in '91. Was at game 3 where Gretzky tied it 1-1 to force OT and Ronning got the OT winner to give us the series lead (god, what an experience). We were convinced we had been robbed in '89 by Otto's kick and that the hockey Gods were going to bring balance to the universe.

Alas, our hearts were once again ripped out, thrown to the ground, and trampled on.

Then skewered and splattered with vinegar, staked out in the broiling sun.

Then kicked into a bonfire until there was nothing left but ash.

This. This is what it means to be a Canucks fan.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I am not hitting the panic button yet. Obviously not our best game last night. The good thing is we pushed it to OT and had our fair share of chances to (still) win. Didn’t think we would be sweeping but a good wake up call.

I’d like to see Boeser step up tonight. Arguably his worst game yesterday. Looked to be a step behind.

Very curious if we see a goalie change (highly doubt it) and/or maybe Gaudette draws in?
Goalie switch will only occur if:
Markstrom says he's not feeling right to go back into the Net. We know that Green will ride him. It will have to be the player's decision to not play in the B2B, despite 75 minutes and almost 50 shots.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I remember being up 2-1 in games against the Gretzky-led Kings in '91. Was at game 3 where Gretzky tied it 1-1 to force OT and Ronning got the OT winner to give us the series lead (god, what an experience). We were convinced we had been robbed in '89 by Otto's kick and that the hockey Gods were going to bring balance to the universe.

Alas, our hearts were once again ripped out, thrown to the ground, and trampled on.

Then skewered and splattered with vinegar, staked out in the broiling sun.

Then kicked into a bonfire until there was nothing left but ash.

This. This is what it means to be a Canucks fan.

Been a Canucks fan since 1996. The last 18 years have been bullshit.
-Losing after going up 2-0 vs Red Wings
-Losing after going up 3-1 vs Wild
-Losing after going up 2-1 vs Blackhawks and being minutes away from taking a 3-1 series lead
-Boston.

I don't mind getting swept by the Avs in 2001 or getting dominated by the Ducks in 2007.

Losing series that were winnable just sucks.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If this young core is gonna be for real they must close out this series. I am gonna be SUPER optimistic here and say the Canucks win tonight, 3-2

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Never thought missing Myers would impact us this much, as much as he drives us crazy, his 6”8 230 lbs deters players from forechecking over aggressively and crashing the net, allowing our D to be more comfortable.

Forwards really need to help out the D by maintaining some possession time, the bottom 6 have to play in the Blues end instead of being hemmed in defending 5-on-5 before finally getting it out and changing.

On the bright side, really impressed with Pettersson & Hughes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad