GDT: [WCQF GAME 4] | Edmonton Oilers @ San Jose Sharks | 4.18.17 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm less distraught tonight than I was after game one.

I think this will end up being a positive. This should power us to a game 5 win.

Maybe we'll remember how to hit when we're back home.

letsgo

Apr 12, 2017
I've noticed that all series: San Jose players go down VERY easily. Bunch of divers. You just tap them and they drop.

And it works for them, too! Double the amount of PPs compares to us. I wouldn't want our team to play like that, anyway.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If Draisatl was playing well, I'd agree. He's been putrid. Him and Maroon can take a hike this series.

They still need both of these players to beat the Sharks. You don't give up on two very good players because of a bad stretch of games, that's silly.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I don't see how we're screwed without Drai. Next to Maroon he's probably been the worst forward on the team this series.

Drai has at least thrown some big checks and won some board battles. His offensive game hasn't been there but he has been doing some things. Drake and Maroon have been the worst forwards IMO.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Sure just pile a few more suspensions onto the one that Leon gets, brilliant thinking there... or maybe Thornton pushes back and pummels McDavid whether he's into it or not. The Sharks know how to play this kind of game, the Oilers don't. Tonight's a tough lesson but they need to keep their **** together.

Thing is, they know how to play this game because they are being allowed to.

Oilersfan93

Jun 22, 2016
maroon is not a playoff performer. same with nuge and eberle. i dont understand the praise those last two are getting in this section. They both have been non-existent in the o-zone, nugent ****kins missed a ****in open net and eberle is softer than any other forward in the league. this game will turn around this series, we will lose game 5 and 6 and will get eliminated.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
dragon-5e36Hb.gif

letsgo

Apr 12, 2017
Honestly don't think the team can be any worse moving forward. Hopefully this lights a fire under them, but who knows? As bad as this is for us, and as shameful as it may feel, it feels a thousand times worse for them right now.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Drai has at least thrown some big checks and won some board battles. His offensive game hasn't been there but he has been doing some things. Drake and Maroon have been the worst forwards IMO.

He's really been doing nothing. A couple nice hits. So has Eberle and people still want to pitch him out the door.

They still need both of these players to beat the Sharks. You don't give up on two very good players because of a bad stretch of games, that's silly.

They need the Maroon/Drai from the regular season. The ones we've seen this series ...well, quite frankly I haven't seen either of them do anything significant. Drai has been invisible and Maroon has been a detriment.

Obviously you don't give up on them but let's not pretend they've been anything remotely good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad