GDT: WCQF Game 3: Los Angeles Kings @ San Jose Sharks | Monday, Apr 18 2016 - 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Tv291Xh.jpg

9hofsTp.jpg

|[pre] 1 [/pre]|[pre] 2 [/pre]|[pre] 3 [/pre]|[pre] 4 [/pre]|[pre] 5* [/pre]|[pre] 6* [/pre]|[pre] 7* [/pre]|[pre] Total [/pre]
[pre] #2 LAK [/pre]​
|
3|
1|
0|
|
-|
-|
-|
[pre] #3 SJS [/pre]​
|
4|
2|
0|
|
-|
-|
-|

2016 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS | ROUND 1 | WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
LOS ANGELES KINGS @ SAN JOSE SHARKS
Monday, Apr 18 2016 - 7:30PM
SAP Center | San Jose, CA
TV: PRIME, CBC, NBCSN, TVAS | Radio: AM 790 KABC

nAeYazv.jpg
|
lFlXecb.jpg
LOS ANGELES|
SAN JOSE
|
Gaborik - Kopitar - Lucic |
Hertl - Thornton - Pavelski
Pearson - Carter - Toffoli |
Donskoi - Couture - Ward
King - Shore - Lewis |
Karlsson - Marleau - Nieto
Brown - Lecavalier -Versteeg |
Spaling - Tierney - Wingels
|
McNabb - Doughty |
Martin - Burns
Muzzin - Schenn |
Vlasic - Braun
Scuderi - McBain |
Dillon - Polak
|
Quick / Enroth |
Jones / Reimer​

INJURIES
Martinez sat out the second half of game 1 and did not play game 2.
Greene skating in practice, not expected back soon.
Nolan is out indefinitely after undergoing surgery for a herniated disc.

NEWS | NOTES
Series Schedule
Game 1: Thursday 4/14 SJS 4 at LAK 3
Game 2: Saturday 4/16 SJS 3 at LAK 2
Game 3: Monday 4/18 LAK at SJS 7:30PM | PRIME, CBC, NBCSN, TVAS
Game 4: Wednesday 4/20 LAK at SJS 7:30PM | CBC, USA, TVAS
Game 5*: Friday 4/22 SJS at LAK TBD
Game 6*: Sunday 4/24 LAK at SJS TBD
Game 7*: Tuesday 4/26 SJS at LAK TBD
*If necessary

REGULAR SEASON MATCHUP
10/7 SJS 5 at LAK 1
10/22 LAK 4 at SJS 1
12/22 SJS 5 at LAK 3
1/24 LAK 3 at SJS 2 OT
3/28 LAK 2 at SJS 5

|GP|Record|Pts|ROW|Home|Away|Last 10|Streak
LAK|82|48-28-6|102|46|26-12-3|22-16-3|4-5-1|OTL 1
SJS|82|46-30-6|98|42|18-20-3|28-10-3|5-5-0|Won 1

|G/GP|GA/GP|PP%|PK%|S/GP|SA/GP|FOW%
LAK|2.72|2.34|20.0|81.4|32.0|27.5|50.5
SJS|2.89|2.52|22.5|80.5|30.4|27.4|50.7

RACE TO THE CUP

K9sNFKB.jpg

Disclaimer: “GDT may not be 100% accurate. I got the line combos from your mom. I used to have Center Ice, Gamecenter Live, and an undercover concession worker in each arena, but this **** costs money. I will admit that my pet otter is using all up that money on his worsening opium problem. I try to not be an enabler, but I haven't had a sea urchin problem in months. Then I thought, why should I pay all this money and have a sea urchin problem to appease fans of random teams that I don't even care about anyway? Unless you are willing to take a bunch of sea urchins off of my hands, don't ***** if I get the lines wrong.†- BF

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Big game Quick. Playoff Doughty. Top 5 center Kopitar. Have to see these guys again. Toffoli, Lucic, Carter, Muzzin, they're invited too.

OldGreatWestern

Aug 27, 2008
Still think Sutter's nuts for not using that Lucic - Carter - Toffoli line.

I also thought Clifford and Andreoff were the best forwards of game 1. Those guys get us playing our style of game. We need more of that, not less.

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
Would ideally like to see these lines tonight:

Pearson-Kopi-Gabo
Lucic-Carter-Toffoli
Versteeg-Lecav-Lewis
Brown-Andreoff-King/Clifford

Doughty-Gravel
Muzzin-McNabb
Scuderi-McBain

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Will be going to the game tonight. I was hoping the series would be at least tied going into this game, but it is what it is. Please win

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
My Facebook page popped up with memories from the first rounds in 2014 and 2012.

Hoping it is a good sign. Those turned out to be pretty good years.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I may be in the minority here, but I thought the Kings played "Kings hockey" in game 2. The biggest problem was simply getting the puck on net instead of shooting it wide, as Sutter mentioned. I honestly think we are not playing that horrible (compare how we played the first two games in 2014 and against the Blues in 2013). The first game was sloppy by both teams, but I thought the Kings played better than the Sharks in game two. The difference was the 5 on 3 powerplay goal.

Other positives from game 2:

1. McBain played really well and infusing him in the lineup really help us get the puck out of the defensive zone. In light of the cap situation and no good defensive options next year, I hope McBain is a regular on our bottom pairing;

2. Putting Shore in the lineup helped stabilize our defense, and I think if we got a lead we could protect it better than if AA is in the lineup;

3. Vinny and Gabo were playing well and as soon as our leaders show up, we could have three solid scoring lines;

4. Bailey was funny.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
I may be in the minority here, but I thought the Kings played "Kings hockey" in game 2. The biggest problem was simply getting the puck on net instead of shooting it wide, as Sutter mentioned. I honestly think we are not playing that horrible (compare how we played the first two games in 2014 and against the Blues in 2013). The first game was sloppy by both teams, but I thought the Kings played better than the Sharks in game two. The difference was the 5 on 3 powerplay goal.

I feel like one of the biggest deferences has been the Kings penchant for taking penalties. 4 penalties committed in the first game and 5 in the second is a recipe for disaster against one of the best PP teams in the league. everyone knew it was probably going to be an issue going into the series and it has been a big one, hopefully they can stay out of the box tonight

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I'm just glad that the Ducks are down 0-2 in their series as well. If the Kings get kicked in the first round with the Ducks, I can live with myself. Winning one cup in 2012 was already a dream come true, but a second cup in a matter of three years? That was just icing on the cake.

If we get kicked out this year, I wouldn't mind a retooling of the roster and for Sutter to rethink aspects of our system. I still think we should stick to a puck possession and heavy game, but we need to develop and be better in the neutral zone.

Also, Lombardi will have to essentially rebuild our blueline. Doughty, Muzzin and Martinez are a given, but who plays the bottom three? I would not resign Schenn, McNabb has upside so I am 50/50 on him, McBain has been solid, but can't give the team more than a solid 8 minutes, and Scuderi is done and should only be used as a 7th defenseman next year if we cannot somehow unload his ~$1 million salary.

Assuming there is a solid top 3 defender available via trade or free agency, Lombardi also needs to consider sacrificing offensive talent to open up the cap space to acquire said player. I think its worth not resigning Lucic and unloading Gaborik to open up space for a better defenseman. We will need to rely on Mersch, Dowd, and AA to provide secondary scoring until the trade deadline, and see if there is anyone we can bring in for a discount to help afterwards.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Lose the game, lose the series. There won't be another historic comeback.

Kopitar, Doughty, Carter, Lucic, Toffoli, and Quick. Now would be a good time to have a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad