GDT: WCQF Game 3: LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:30pm PT | Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Kings losing by 3 goals and they're still playing the 1-3-1 without a single forechecker. Oilers should pull a Philly vs. Tampa and just stand behind their net for the rest of the game. I can understand not forechecking when you're up a goal, but when you're losing it's just an absolute scuzz bucket, loser ass way to play the game.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Kings either squeak one out (game 2) or get blown out. (Game 1 and 3). Seems like that’s how it’s gone even in previous years in this matchup.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
getting the first goal was critical. The kings are off their game now and the Oilers took advantage. Apart from the last 30 seconds of the period the Kings showed nothing. Ice was titled, Oilers dominated. Keepit up and win this game along with the series. Finish the kings. Make them want to start next season in AHL.

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
Kings losing by 3 goals and they're still playing the 1-3-1 without a single forechecker. Oilers should pull a Philly vs. Tampa and just stand behind their net for the rest of the game. I can understand not forechecking when you're up a goal, but when you're losing it's just an absolute scuzz bucket, loser ass way to play the game.
Agreed, absolutely ridiculous not even sending one forechecker down 3 hahahah

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
To be fair to LA, they are right to stick with the system. Edmonton will give them looks and as we've seen in the first 2 games the Kings have scored some incredibly flukey goals and anything can still happen.

As long as Edmonton keeps taking to the kings though, they are cooked, they lay off for a bit and they can come right back. Skinner looked good that period though, so thats a plus.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
They did it all throughout the regular season as well.

I don't think they ever break from it.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018

I just think an aggressive forecheck can go a long way in a team's success. Oilers aren't flawless on defense. They have guys back there that can and will fold under pressure. I just look at a team like the Panthers who are relentless and think that's a team I'd want to model my team after.

I get that trap hockey has worked for many in the past. Sens used it for a deep run in 2017, Bolts in 2011, etc. That's just my 2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad