GDT: WCQF: Game 1: Vegas Golden Knights (WC2) @ Dallas Stars (C1) | 6:30PM | Hi

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Thompson not going to make this playoff run easy.

Hill won't either this year.

The good news is we didn't win because of goaltending last year. The bad news is I don't know if this year's team in general is as good as last year.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Stone sans spleen is still pretty solid.

His tip at the beginning was great but I feel like he's still working through his play.

He got stripped in our own zone for the second goal and there were a few times he looked slower than the play but that's expected when you jump into a full speed playoff game missing as many games as he has.

His play was good enough to be encouraging about where he can get to but there's definitely a lot remaining for him to get back to speed. That goes for the whole team though, we got fifteen shots and still are turning the puck over quite often.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
His tip at the beginning was great but I feel like he's still working through his play.

He got stripped in our own zone for the second goal and there were a few times he looked slower than the play but that's expected when you jump into a full speed playoff game missing as many games as he has.

His play was good enough to be encouraging about where he can get to but there's definitely a lot remaining for him to get back to speed. That goes for the whole team though, we got fifteen shots and still are turning the puck over quite often.
That said turtling for 40 minutes of the game won't help shot totals.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That said turtling for 40 minutes of the game won't help shot totals.

Yeah, some of it is situational being ahead most of the game but we definitely need to take more initiative to get the puck in the other end and play there for more of the game.

Saying that, the defending looked smothering and reminiscent of last year when it absolutely carried us through the playoffs.

Reactions: hangman005

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That 3rd goal against was one of the worst goals against i have ever seen in the playoffs at least. Just gross.

Shake it off Thompson. This team is going to need you cause i doubt Hill will be up to the task after watching him give up 3+ goals against game after game.

Reactions: Haguerbomb

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Yeah, some of it is situational being ahead most of the game but we definitely need to take more initiative to get the puck in the other end and play there for more of the game.

Saying that, the defending looked smothering and reminiscent of last year when it absolutely carried us through the playoffs.
Agreed, I prefer to do what the Canes did to us and spent the majority of 3rd in the other end instead of our own zone.

That 3rd goal against was one of the worst goals against i have ever seen in the playoffs at least. Just gross.

Shake it off Thompson. This team is going to need you cause i doubt Hill will be up to the task after watching him give up 3+ goals against game after game.
Yeah it was a shocker, aside from that he was fairly solid, hopefully just a moment of big moment jitters, and hopefully he brushes it off comes back stronger next game.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Wife read that Hague went off and was out at the end of the game. Anyone notice this or seen an injury update?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Did notice anything at the time, and haven't heard anything since.

It was mentioned on the broadcast, I can't remember whether the ESPN or local, that Hague wasn't taking shifts at the end of the third period and may not have been on the bench.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Hill won't either this year.

The good news is we didn't win because of goaltending last year. The bad news is I don't know if this year's team in general is as good as last year.
This team is better than last year except for in goal. That third goal was pathetic but I don't trust Hill right now.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
This team is better than last year except for in goal. That third goal was pathetic but I don't trust Hill right now.

The team is better *on paper* this year. The defense hasn't been great this year or the goalies. Game 1 the D performed like they can and should. They'll need to keep that up and get better play in net. And it's going to have to be Thompson because I have no faith in Hill at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad