GDT: WCQF: Game 1 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets, 7pm ET - ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Came home.. saw the score and the first thing I checked was...

1713750921806.png

Ouch.

Reactions: DancesWithWookies

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
What? Who had Jets in 4 against the Avs? I'm betting it's nowhere close to "most people"....
Most Avs fans who have been watching the games knew that Jets were a HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY favorite, and expected Jets to win handily. Many of the people predicting the Avs are people who were not watching the Avalanche at the end of the season.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Very entertaining game that had a lot of weird and wacky stuff to it. Reminds me of the good old 1980s Campbell Conference games. I will say that Colorado should think twice about putting Georgiev in for game 2. He is just not mentally strong and does not take setbacks well - this has been fairly consistent over the past number of years. I am sure the Rangers are breathing a sigh of relief. He will be a detriment to Colorado (and himself) if they play him again.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Most Avs fans who have been watching the games knew that Jets were a HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY favorite, and expected Jets to win handily. Many of the people predicting the Avs are people who were not watching the Avalanche at the end of the season.
Yeah, but that's typical fan pessimism. Despite the goalie situation, there's no way I would count the Avs out that easily.

Reactions: hn777

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Next game Helle will definitely outplay whatever garbage the Avs put in net. He is Vezina quality despite one bad game.
Avs put almost 50 shots on net though and they have elite snipers like Mckinnon, Ranrannen, Mittlestadt, Makar etc. Helleybuck even in his elite form can do only so much facing 50 against elite shooters. I would easily say the Avs shooters are more lethal than what teams like Oilers have even with McDavid

Reactions: roccerfeller

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Avs put almost 50 shots on net though and they have elite snipers like Mckinnon, Ranrannen, Mittlestadt, Makar etc. Helleybuck even in his elite form can do only so much facing 50 against elite shooters. I would easily say the Avs shooters are more lethal than what teams like Oilers have even with McDavid
Avs outplayed the Jets this game hands down. I don't think that continues. If the Jets are outplayed 60% to 40% they win because of goaltending. Because Avs goaltending is beyond embarrassing.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
They will never see that many chances in a game again.

The Jets did not play their game at all. Next game the systems will tighten up dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce