GDT: WCQF Game 1: Chicago Blackhawks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:30PM | NBC, SN, ATTSN-RM, NBCSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol ill take my chances
Just gotta put one past him in the first ten minutes. If we haven't scored on him by then it could get dicey. He's the most early weak goalie I think I've ever seen. Early goal could mean floodgates, survive the first half of the first and he can steal a game.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

That's 1.
Very sloppy 2nd and Crawford couldn't stop a beachball but the PP was encouraging.
DA81803D-DCB2-45B7-887F-E1D44A1CAE75.gif

A53ACEC5-C313-4AAB-956A-17CEF096DF78.jpeg

Nice easy win.
AF84A984-CB70-443D-B6E4-D62AD13F8ACC.gif

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Good job keeping that home ice advantage

Kind of surprised how bad they were connecting for long stretches. Was the ice not so good?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Trying to be too cute. Just skate hard and shoot.
They shot 34 times, 4 going in. Chicago shot 20 times garnering 1 on a rare Theodore mistake. I think the game was probably more lopsided than we rabid fans think it was.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They shot 34 times, 4 going in. Chicago shot 20 times garnering 1 on a rare Theodore mistake. I think the game was probably more lopsided than we rabid fans think it was.
I thought we controlled the game for the most part after Chicago's goal. I just don't think the effort and focus of the Colorado game was really there at any point tonight. I think if it had been this could have been a blowout. Puck control in general was pretty not great overall. The boys can be better but it's fine that they weren't. Clearly.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Honestly, once we put in a couple this game was pretty easy going. Chicago just didn't look like a threat at all after that point. Hope the boys don't take it easy in game 2. Would much rather see them push harder and clean up their puck management. Solid win all around though.

Third goal deflated the Blackhawks but before that they were solid enough. If Crawford plays as well as he did in the game to beat Edmonton and Chicago sticks to their gameplan it should get tougher.

Both teams definitely can ramp up the intensity, I'm surprised Chicago couldn't find it this game to try to catch Vegas sleeping, which we seemed to almost be doing at points.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Some of the Chicago fans are so angry at their goalie they actually want to see Subban play. According to them Crawford let in 2 or 3 easy goals and it’s possibly a 1-1 game if they had a goalie (according to them).

It reminds me of some of the criticism Subban got in Vegas.

They are right that Crawford didn’t play well though. I was surprised the shot by Smith went in that made it 3-1 and it was pretty much over at that point.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't think yesterdays game will be enough to force Chicago to play Subban. Now if the Knights win game 2 and Crawford stinks up the joint, then we could see Subban in for game 3.

I just think Crawford gets another game.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Sending message to own team with energy line and opposition to keep up.

I know (and like) the idea behind it. In practice it's not working when they come out like they did last night in the 2nd and give up multiple scoring chances and allow the opponent to generate momentum.

I'd just like to see PDB be more cognizant about matchups when he has last change, like not intentionally pitting the 4th line against Toews or Kane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad