Not open for further replies.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
McDavid saying this to Kopitar at the opening faceoff:

end this now.gif

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Win this game 5x5 and finish the Kings season.

With Vancouver having to fly 3 timezones away for game 6 this team can get some valuable rest time before the next series.
A game 7 in that series would be sublime.
Maybe I haven’t seen enough of that series but what I have seen, that series is soft as puppy s**t. Looks like a regular season games. But yes hopefully sone more travelling to mess them up.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
So over 4 games Adam Henrique has seen 2 high danger chances against at even strength. The next closest forward is Derek Ryan who has played 1 game and seen 4. McDavid and Hyman with 5.

View attachment 863001
Also since I was curious these are what the numbers looked like after 3 games, before a very (analytically) one-sided game 4. Top line really didn't take much abuse in G4 still (but also didn't generate much).

1714584135754.png

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Maybe I haven’t seen enough of that series but what I have seen, that series is soft as puppy s**t. Looks like a regular season games. But yes hopefully sone more travelling to mess them up.
LA has tried to be physical, while the Oilers have been a less physical, both by intent and need. No reason for the Oilers to ramp this up to an overly physical series, when they are winning and punishing over-aggressiveness on the PP.

As for it looking like a regular season game, it kind of does look like a regular season game against the Kings. But Oiler-Kings regular season games look like playoff games to me.

Reactions: Oilhawks

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
LA has tried to be physical, while the Oilers have been a less physical, both by intent and need. No reason for the Oilers to ramp this up to an overly physical series, when they are winning and punishing over-aggressiveness on the PP.

As for it looking like a regular season game, it kind of does look like a regular season game against the Kings. But Oiler-Kings regular season games look like playoff games to me.
Only concern is that at 3-1 "game management" will now shift even more into "series management" so that over-aggression by the Kings may just be allowed now. Already dropped to 2 minor penalties last game, let's see if they try to make it 0 tonight. Not something that would change in games 6 or 7 either so the Oilers will need to just push through it tonight imo.

Reactions: Section337

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
There's a large element of "HE HAS DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN ME SO CANCEL HIM!!!!" to that whole ridiculous circus.
The only thing I'm worried about is the track record when he sings.

Reactions: ZJuice

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Finish it please, watching Vancouver lose and have to go back to Nashville should serve as a lesson. A series is not over until you win 4 games, step on their throats and finish it now

Reactions: Oilhawks

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I certainly hope so.

Hes a good Canadian, Albertan and Oiler fan and anthem singer.

The petition is an embarrassment.

Doesn't he have dual loyalties with Nashville? There should be the standard singer. A lot of people don't even care about these pusedo celebrities like him, jaleel white, will Ferrell etc.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I wouldnt say its a soft series at all. At least not based on the periods I have watched.
There will be some wear and tear from that series.
In addition to that travel takes its toll too.

It is a very close series as well and it really could go either way.
Nashville is not out of this series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad