GDT: WCQF G3 | Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche | 8pm MT | TNT/Max

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
It's always nice to have some beef in the bottom 6. Pure goons might be going the way of the dodo, but guys like that aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Goons/staged fights are gone but there's always going to be a need for bottom 6's who can skate/hit/toe the line. Wood/Trenin/Duhaime have been huge so far and something that was sorely lacking last year. Bottom 6 was just gross.

I know it'll age poorly but I still really love the Wood addition. Any offense he gives you is a bonus but he fits this system perfectly.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Goons/staged fights are gone but there's always going to be a need for bottom 6's who can skate/hit/toe the line. Wood/Trenin/Duhaime have been huge so far and something that was sorely lacking last year. Bottom 6 was just gross.

I know it'll age poorly but I still really love the Wood addition. Any offense he gives you is a bonus but he fits this system perfectly.
Most of our contracts are going to age poorly. Wood at 2.5 will probably age better than most expect, because of how much the cap will keep increasing.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Didn't want to see an injury like Dillons happen. It was all avoidable. The play and game was over when Lowry and Duhaime decided to mix it up. Totally unnecessary but the code says you must get involved...... No bystanders.

And now somebody is likely gonna need surgery and major rehab on a nasty cut.

The game is the game. I accept that. But this part of it is really stupid.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
It's important not to get intimidated like it happened in the past.
IF (massive IF - lots of games to play for both sets of teams- no jinxes) both teams were to get to round two, Vegas would be a VERY tough series but this Avs team would not get bullied this time. They’d be in tough to win but it would be due to Vegas just being a better team with a tough system not because they got pushed around and folded

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
A lot of Buffalo fans thought Mittelstadt would excel in the playoffs, looks like they were onto something.

Love the way he drags pucks on the walls and finds people with passes. His passing on the rush has been great too. The ability to stop up and find people when there’s no space has been impressive.

All of Mitts, Lehkonen, and Nichushkin have been great in this series.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Didn't want to see an injury like Dillons happen. It was all avoidable. The play and game was over when Lowry and Duhaime decided to mix it up. Totally unnecessary but the code says you must get involved...... No bystanders.

And now somebody is likely gonna need surgery and major rehab on a nasty cut.

The game is the game. I accept that. But this part of it is really stupid.
I disagree. Sometimes bitches need to get slapped!
IMG_6164.jpeg

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Just cracked open an IPA.

And giving out likes like Helley gives up goals.

f*** the Jets. I actually don't mind them or their fans. Decent bunch. Unlike some other fan bases. But f*** em all the same.
Jets are probably the most mid team and mid fanbase in the league. I normally resent Canadian teams, but don't hate on the Jets.

But f*** 'em all the same now because it's the playoffs.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Jets are probably the most mid team and mid fanbase in the league. I normally resent Canadian teams, but don't hate on the Jets.

But f*** 'em all the same now because it's the playoffs.
Jets have guaranteed themselves at least 3 home games worth of playoff revenue. That is massive for a team in their financial situation regardless of the outcome of this series

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I disagree. Sometimes bitches need to get slapped!View attachment 860369
The old NHL with its enforcers and protectors like McSorley, and Tiger Williams, etc. was preferable to the way intimidation is handled today. This is all on Bettman and his "sanitizing the violence out of hockey" principles.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Jets have guaranteed themselves at least 3 home games worth of playoff revenue. That is massive for a team in their financial situation regardless of the outcome of this series
The thing is, Jets have plenty of money (their owner is probably the richest man in Canada). The problem is that they are not generating any.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad