GDT: WCQF | G2 | "Encore" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.24.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
10-0 LA, Dubois with a hat trick in the first period, Skinner gets pulled then put back in after Pickard gives up 4 in a row.
ezgif-4-5b236d4952.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Honestly the most insane thing about the last game was the oilers trying to scrum with Kopi. Like out of everyone on the roster, you go after the nicest guy.
Like how Nuge took 3 punches to the head popping off his helmet for no reason at all.

I don’t even remember the Oilers doing much in scrums except take abuse and laugh it off as the Kings try to goon it up.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
i agree but not until the games get to LA and the kings can ensure danault vs mcdavid. its going to be tough to handle in edmonton cause the kane/perry line is doing whatever they want vs the bottom end kings lines.
Danault was matched up against McDavid but he was shuffled to a new line because McDavid was absolutely shredding him. Part of the issue is that LA put Moore and Arvidsson with Danault, three small guys. It doesn't matter how good your sticks are if your whole line gets muscled off the puck. Some seriously head-scratching decisions from the Kings coaching staff.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I've always found it interesting how Leon Draisaitl sets up down lower than a typical power play trigger man.
Loved how the panel after the game went over him in his spot saying no one is better than him from that spot on the sharp one timer. (I’ve noticed Austin matthews has used the same shot from time to time this year too)

That whole play on the PP was great, Draisaitl goes into the front of the net bumps into his team mate and then disappears behind the kings D and slides down into that spot just before the one timer and when I saw the kings D lose Draisaitl in that moment I knew the puck was going to Drai for that shot

Reactions: Summer Rose

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Danault was matched up against McDavid but he was shuffled to a new line because McDavid was absolutely shredding him. Part of the issue is that LA put Moore and Arvidsson with Danault, three small guys. It doesn't matter how good your sticks are if your whole line gets muscled off the puck. Some seriously head-scratching decisions from the Kings coaching staff.
it looked like they tried to put their best skaters speed wise vs that line. problem is the oilers are so balanced in terms of lines that there probably isnt a better option. like whats the next best option going to do hold him to 3points and let draisaitls line cook? tough spot for the coaches and kings

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Loved how the panel after the game went over him in his spot saying no one is better than him from that spot on the sharp one timer. (I’ve noticed Austin matthews has used the same shot from time to time this year too)

That whole play on the PP was great, Draisaitl goes into the front of the net bumps into his team mate and then disappears behind the kings D and slides down into that spot just before the one timer and when I saw the kings D lose Draisaitl in that moment I knew the puck was going to Drai for that shot
lol 100% so did nuge, mcdavid and bouchard. now the kings will have to be more aware of 29 so will cheat that way and as soon as that lane opens up 93-2-97 can shoot and if they dont score garburator hyman is there for the rebound.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Honestly the most insane thing about the last game was the oilers trying to scrum with Kopi. Like out of everyone on the roster, you go after the nicest guy.

lol... I saw that, and I may have been high at the time, and this may sound childish, but... "he started it". I couldn't believe Kopi could be mean, but there was one scrum where he seemed to be agitated over something... was a big surprise to me.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
lol... I saw that, and I may have been high at the time, and this may sound childish, but... "he started it". I couldn't believe Kopi could be mean, but there was one scrum where he seemed to be agitated over something... was a big surprise to me.
The lies, he’s never mean! Could have been an accidental bump which he always ends up like saying excuse sorry sir my friend I did not see you.

• Haha
Reactions: bucks_oil

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I'm just curious to see if my theory is correct

If EDM wins, fans will gloat further, they own the Kings and start listing guys like RNH, Foegele, McLeod, Janmark, Skinner as absolute monsters

If EDM loses, fans will state things like "we knew it would be a battle, no one said it would be easy"

can't wait either way

Reactions: Three On Zero
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad