GDT: WCQF | G2 | "Encore" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.24.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
I expect a closer game tonight.
I don't. Will be an even faster start for Edmonton without the spirited but ultimately meek 2nd-period push by the Kings after the game's been decided. Could see an Edmonton shutout tonight.

Kings occupy a very weird space in the NHL right now. Able to thoroughly dominate less talented, less experienced, and/or poorly coached teams, but thoroughly outmatched by talented, experienced teams. Add in the psychological edge the Oilers clearly enjoy at the moment, and it looks like a sweep incoming. Game 1 was our best chance to win a game.

I know this sounds like reverse-psychology, reverse-jinx internet jibber jabber, but it's actually just an honest assessment of the LA Kings this season and this particularly playoff dynamic of the last couple years.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
I don't. Will be an even faster start for Edmonton without the spirited but ultimately meek 2nd-period push by the Kings after the game's been decided. Could see an Edmonton shutout tonight.

Kings occupy a very weird space in the NHL right now. Able to thoroughly dominate less talented, less experienced, and/or poorly coached teams, but thoroughly outmatched by talented, experienced teams. Add in the psychological edge the Oilers clearly enjoy at the moment, and it looks like a sweep incoming. Game 1 was our best chance to win a game.

I know this sounds like reverse-psychology, reverse-jinx internet jibber jabber, but it's actually just an honest assessment of the LA Kings this season and this particularly playoff dynamic of the last couple years.
I get being pessimistic when your team is down and lost two years in a row. But I think the Kings have the ability to play a very stingy defensive game and make it tough of the Oilers. We will see.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I get being pessimistic when your team is down and lost two years in a row. But I think the Kings have the ability to play a very stingy defensive game and make it tough of the Oilers. We will see.
He isn't being a pessimist. It is a very REALISTIC view of the team. The Kings beat up bad teams this year and lost to the good ones. Our awful front office gutted the team's identity. The red hot start gave people a very incorrect idea about this team.

Kings fans expect this series to be much more one sided that the previous two and expect our front office to be fired in the offseason and Rebuildy the bear to make yet another appearance

1713977689830.png

Look the Kings' cap position for next year

NO goalie signed. Byfield has to be signed. They can't afford Roy or Arviddson. The once touted pipeline is practically a desert

Our GM is the guy who thought that he was going to get sex on the 3rd date and drained his bank account rent a limo, go to a 5 star restaurant, and had a path of roses petals and violinists to set the mood music on the walk back to the limo only be put in the friend zone.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He isn't being a pessimist. It is a very REALISTIC view of the team. The Kings beat up bad teams this year and lost to the good ones. Our awful front office gutted the team's identity. The red hot start gave people a very incorrect idea about this team.

Kings fans expect this series to be much more one sided that the previous two and expect our front office to be fired in the offseason and Rebuildy the bear to make yet another appearance

View attachment 858867

NO goalie signed. Byfield has to be signed. They can't afford Roy or Arviddson. The once touted pipeline is practically a desert

Our GM is the guy who thought that he was going to get sex on the 3rd date and drained his bank account rent a limo, go to a 5 star restaurant, and had a path of roses petals and violinists to set the mood music on the walk back to the limo only be put in the friend zone.
Oddly enough the oilers beat up on bad teams even more than the kings.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

View attachment 858867

Too bad Blake doesn't know about Figueroa after hours.

• Haha
Reactions: Lt Dan

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Only thing I want to see tonight is the Oilers go in for the kill.

Psychologically, you'd think they would. The chance of LA winning 4 out of 5 is slim to none and you're familiar with the mindset of a team desperate to level a series after losing game 1.

Should be no reason why they don't come out with just as much incentive to win this game and take total control of the series. But the Oilers love to make things difficult on themselves.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i agree but not until the games get to LA and the kings can ensure danault vs mcdavid. its going to be tough to handle in edmonton cause the kane/perry line is doing whatever they want vs the bottom end kings lines.

Reactions: Summer Rose

bland

Jul 1, 2004
i agree but not until the games get to LA and the kings can ensure danault vs mcdavid. its going to be tough to handle in edmonton cause the kane/perry line is doing whatever they want vs the bottom end kings lines.
Danault WAS out against McDavid in Game 1

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Only possible positive takeaway from last game is that the Kings scored 4, even if 2 were fluky garbage time goals, so I expect those hopes to be extinguished tonight.

Oilers score twice in the opening 10 minutes then ride that the whole way to a 2-0 win, with the Kings barely threatening the entire game.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Fully expect the Oilers to feel proud of themselves for their game 1 and the Kings to come out and play their best game of the year. Oilers will take some dumb penalties due to being taken by “surprise”.

It’ll be 3-0 by the end of the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad