GDT: WCQF | G2 | "Encore" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.24.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

The Highlight of Game 1?

• The donair cannon

• Klim Kostin

• Hyman hatty

• Putting up a touchdown

• Finally winning a game 1 (at home)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Sponsor
Jan 31, 2009
Edmonton
Here’s my take on the goals:

#1 - Lazy play by Foegele flying the zone, a small touch gets it out and we aren’t talking about it, Kempe picks a corner, nice shot IMO.

#2 - Played fairly well, hand eye by Kempe is sublime, hate the guy but he’s their main weapon.

#3 - Absolute trash by the whole team, when you get back into the game with 2 minutes left in a period that didn’t honestly go that well for you and you decide to cheat in the O zone and then don’t cover the flanking player, so inexcusable, it’s the same shit they’ve pulled in so many other playoff games. Want to give skinner some blame, sure go for it, but it shouldn’t have even got to that point.
I would say Bouchard played the second goal horribly by swinging for the puck instead of just tying Kempe up, and while I agree with you the entire team was trash on the third goal (no awareness by VD especially given the fact he could see everything coming yet still vacated the middle of the ice), that is the one goal you would want Skinner to have given the circumstances up to that point.

The more these "fluky" goals continue to happen, the more likely they are not fluky but the result of horrible habits by our players.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
A good goalie would usually allow only 1 goal from the chances Kings had.

Come on now, 1st and 3rd goal were easily saveable.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Canucks and Jets are horrible comparables. Vegas, Tampa, Colorado. Teams in the years they win have one thing in common- there is no drop off. It’s business every single game.
They're great comparables actually, all 3 teams haven't done much in the playoffs

Reactions: Paradise Circus

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
The fanbase coddles Campbell too. Amazing stuff.
Yet if it was Draisaitl you'd be fine with it and adding to it.

Skinner isn't even average in playoffs.

Bullshit
Don't throw me in with the whiners

There's not a player on earth that hasn't sucked the banana at times. I call them out but the 'he sucks' 'bench him' 'trade him' crap I don't get involved with.

OddManRush

Mar 22, 2022
Kenny Holland really got paid 25 million USD to run with Smith, Smith, Smith, Skinner, Skinner in his 5 playoffs as the GM hahaha

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Kings gotta be felling good, no real sustainable pressure all game and 3 goals already and up 2

On a bright side that Kane perry duo is absolutely buzzing the last few games

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Oilers get it within 1 and then give up a breakaway to a defenseman(!) Within 30 seconds. Goal or not you ain't winning playing like that.
This exactly, team has no idea how to maintain momentum, there is no way Doughty should have been wide open like that.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Bullshit
Don't throw me in with the whiners

There's not a player on earth that hasn't sucked the banana at times. I call them out but the 'he sucks' 'bench him' 'trade him' crap I don't get involved with.
So why not Skinner then. I'll wait for the answer.

People were simply critiquing Skinner and on playoff results thus far it seems reasonable

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Its hiliarious somebody thinks campbell was being coddled. lmao. There were people here calling him a mental defective.
Yep. People just thought he was the wrong guy to send down cause he was objectively better than Skinner to start the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad