GDT: WCQF | G2 | "Encore" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.24.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

The Highlight of Game 1?

• The donair cannon

• Klim Kostin

• Hyman hatty

• Putting up a touchdown

• Finally winning a game 1 (at home)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nothing like being in a position where they need to play literal flawless hockey or else it’s a guaranteed goal against.
They’re not. Did you not see the breakaway save last game or the two point blank slot shots. Like any goalie, sometimes Skins will get the high dangers, sometimes he won’t. Ask Helly and Oettinger if that’s the case.

Reactions: RegDunlop and nabob

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Predictable meltdown in here.

This game isn't even over yet. LA doesn't even try to attack when they're winning.
LA plays a suffocating 1-3-1 when they are ahead that our team struggles to break without making costly mistakes. We can beat them but being down 2 goals already plays right into their game

OddManRush

Mar 22, 2022
Maybe this has been addressed already but why is Doughty allowed to steamroll Skinner BEFORE the puck crosses the goal line?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Nothing like being in a position where they need to play literal flawless hockey or else it’s a guaranteed goal against.
If not turning the puck over to their most dangerous player is too difficult for the Oilers then forfeit the series and don’t waste our time.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
My concern with Skinner is his reaction time gets worse the more he plays. We saw it last year and we played him more this year.

Our goaltending is bad and we need to accept it. Team needs to tighten defensively and focus offensively to win games. We have been outscored 7-4 5v5 thru 4 periods. Boys need to either prevent more shots at Skinner or score more.
You hope keeping them to 7 shots in a period is enough, it usually is

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Meh all season has been like that.
F and D are playing like dummies.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
You absolutely can. Make a save especially the third goal. All I wanted heading into this playoffs was at least average goaltending from Skinner and he's already failed.

Hard to read a stick check where he loses control and it rolls between the legs, seen it a hundred times, those fool goalies

It’s the teams fault for giving up a break away, need to lock it down the shift after a big goal like that.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Thank you, Skinner.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 21-09-23 Los Angeles Kings vs. Edmonton Oilers - Wednesday April 24 2...png

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
Reminds me of the Chicago series when they scored a ton of fluky goals against us
True, but it also reminds me of the LA series each of the last two years. When LA gets the early bounce they're an annoying team to play. McDavid is flying, and the fact that the third line is up and running gives me a lot of confidence that we'll find some offence. My only worry is that the Drai line looks very average so far, they're losing the head to head against Kopitar/Kempe. Time for Knob to consider adjusting his line deployment.

Reactions: Porkleaker

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
No team D breakdowns is a huge reason we’re down.

If D played well and Skins let in bad goals. Then you could say that. But a wide open slot shot off a turnover and a breakway goal are not bad goals. That’s bad D with no huge saves being made you can say though, sure.
The breakaway goal wasn’t even a shot.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Here’s my take on the goals:

#1 - Lazy play by Foegele flying the zone, a small touch gets it out and we aren’t talking about it, Kempe picks a corner, nice shot IMO.

#2 - Played fairly well, hand eye by Kempe is sublime, hate the guy but he’s their main weapon.

#3 - Absolute trash by the whole team, when you get back into the game with 2 minutes left in a period that didn’t honestly go that well for you and you decide to cheat in the O zone and then don’t cover the flanking player, so inexcusable, it’s the same shit they’ve pulled in so many other playoff games. Want to give skinner some blame, sure go for it, but it shouldn’t have even got to that point.
#2 was not played fairly well. Bouchard is waving at the puck instead of tying up Kempe's stick. Great play by Kempe, but made possible by terrible coverage by Bouchard.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Skinner is currently .878 sv% in his playoff career so far. We could have 6 Prongers on our blueline and we couldn't win with that.
They could try not playing him like an Elite top 5 goalie. He was like 4th in games played?

They keep setting the kid up to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad