GDT: WCQF | G2 | "Encore" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.24.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

The Highlight of Game 1?

• The donair cannon

• Klim Kostin

• Hyman hatty

• Putting up a touchdown

• Finally winning a game 1 (at home)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
This guy needs an explanation of what playoff hockey is. We follow the same seeding formula as everyone else. It doesn't take anything away from our run if we go through two teams we have owned in recent years in the first two rounds (LA, and should we make it and Vancouver not, Nashville). That's part of the magic of the playoffs.

Not to mention that we didn't "avoid" Vegas in round 1. They lost. That's not on us, that's on them. They are the reason the seedings ended up the way they did.
I’m still trying to figure out how Vegas losing the last two games to avoid the Oilers has any bearing on what the Oilers did?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Well that's certainly different. ;)

giphy.gif

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
LOL. I can't say I blame him.

I'm thinking of boycotting Boston Pizza for their ridiculous "let's cheer together" campaign. Hell no I won't cheer for Vancouver or Toronto. A couple years ago, I agreed to no longer cheer against them as long as Edmonton was still in the playoffs, but I won't cheer for them.

That said, boycotting Boston Pizza is pretty easy as I likely wouldn't have ended up there anyways unless my kids forced me.
The pizza crust on a BP pizza is fantastic. Too expensive.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Feels neat knowing that opposing fans think we are so good we'll just waltz straight on to the cup. I'll take the compliment.
It's almost like they've been away from the playoffs so long that they've forgotten that generally speaking every team that makes the playoffs is a damn good hockey team and Nashville just happens to have been top 5 in the NHL since the All-Star Break. Beating Nashville may actually be a tougher task than beating Vancouver even with Demko.

Reactions: T-Funk

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
It's almost like they've been away from the playoffs so long that they've forgotten that generally speaking every team that makes the playoffs is a damn good hockey team and Nashville just happens to have been top 5 in the NHL since the All-Star Break. Beating Nashville may actually be a tougher task than beating Vancouver even with Demko.
normally id agree but draisaitl alone is 25g 17a for 42pts in 26 career games vs nashville.

might be able to rest 97 and 18 for the next series lol

Reactions: bone

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This is a huge game. If we are truly serious about winning it all we need to take it to the Kings and dispatch them in 4 or 5 games. That's how you try and get the guys well rested and healed up for the rest of the playoffs. As an older team with injuries to some of our key players rest is huge for this group. We need a huge 1st period from Stu tonight and the boys need to get up early on LA again so that they are forced to open it up again.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
normally id agree but draisaitl alone is 25g 17a for 42pts in 26 career games vs nashville.

might be able to rest 97 and 18 for the next series lol

To that, I'd counter that runs like this don't last an entire career vs. one team, so I'd be worried that it might swing the other way and he could only get 2 or 3 goals in an entire series against them.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Feeling good about tonight. Boys will bring it again, no doubt. It'll be a tighter game, but Oilers will win game 2.

For game 1, my resting heart rate is around 60BPM. The highest it went that game was 65. That's how confident I was in that win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad