GDT: WCQF | G2 | "Encore" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.24.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

The Highlight of Game 1?

• The donair cannon

• Klim Kostin

• Hyman hatty

• Putting up a touchdown

• Finally winning a game 1 (at home)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Score first. Score often.

Great teams take control of series and stomp their competition into the ground. There's absolutely no reason for this game to be stressful if the Oilers play up to their potential.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I don't dispute this. Yeah. But that happens on a lot of teams, it happens in orgs, etc. In present day it just seems as if sage and experience is less listened to. We don't live in an ethos that respects that.
In the hockey world specifically we also have a media and marketing that purport that rook players like Connor Bedard or Zegras are some kind of superstars. They act like it. Like little Kings. excuse pun..

Wouldn't be the only team that doesn't always listen.

But as others have mentioned when Doughty himself is playing subpar then his words tend to ring hollow reaming out present day players.

Lastly it Was Doughty, Kopitar and others that locked a coach out of the dressingroom. It was also Doughty that laid over on Jarett Stoll resulting in the latter getting Cocaine charges. Doughty is a prick, established, to his own players. I lost respect for Doughty after what went down with Stoll. You can read up on it. Stoll bought Cocaine for the team to celebrate. They told him to be the mule. they then laid down on him so that he would get the charges. Kopitar maintains he wasn't involved. Damn straight that Doughty and others were.
I mean seems like this whole drug thing is just pure speculation by you. Stoll got charged because he literally got caught smuggling drugs. Welcome to the consequences of being an adult. Blaming Doughty or anyone else is silly.

Reactions: Kirby

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I mean seems like this whole drug thing is just pure speculation by you. Stoll got charged because he literally got caught smuggling drugs. Welcome to the consequences of being an adult. Blaming Doughty or anyone else is silly.
Nah. There were more details at the time. Now all you find is basic details. Around the time there were lots more that one could find online about it. Stoll was the mule. he took the fall. Star players tend to get the best legal help and get off. Form all reports (this not even disputed) Doughty was there and yet was not convicted. All sources still identify Doughty and Martin Jones were right there. .
Information through time tends to get scrubbed and or harder to find. There was a lot more coming out at the time.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Sad thing for Doughty is in prime he could probably do a much better job. Aging and realizing limitations is a really tough thing. Especially with the compete mentality of a Doughty. Mind willing, body unable. Losing steps and footspeed means Doughty can't contain elite skaters like McD anymore.

Mind you on that first goal nobody on the planet can.

Yeah. Reminds me of this absolutely incredible, underrated song from Rush. Sad.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Good chance to make things very uncomfortable for the rest of the west. The other series all evened up and Dallas/Vegas is going to be a bloodbath. Being up 2-0 would be huge.

Looking at the East and Rangers,canes all having a cakewalk it is very important that any prospective western team be able to conserve some energy and play less games.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Good chance to make things very uncomfortable for the rest of the west. The other series all evened up and Dallas/Vegas is going to be a bloodbath. Being up 2-0 would be huge.

Looking at the East and Rangers,canes all having a cakewalk it is very important that any prospective western team be able to conserve some energy and play less games.
Ideally we win this in 5 on home ice.

I feel like a sweep gives too much time to rest and get rusty.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's always important to score first in any playoff game but it's particularly important tonight because that will plant a serious seed of doubt in the minds of the Kings which could snowball into another blowout so the Oilers need to take this game right from the hop just like Game 1, no letting the game come to them because the Kings are going to come out guns blazing.

I think this will be a much tighter game. The Kings have a lot of guys with pride over there so I expect them to play a much more structured game tonight.

Reactions: Biltmore

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Neither was very good in the game. In Doughty's case he gets too jacked at times and trying to do too much. When you see him chasing plays around the net you know he's off. I think Foegele nailing him with a hit early also contributed to get his juices running too much.

Doughty can still play a game when he contains himself better. But when he starts thinking he's still some D monster he attempts stuff beyond his current ability. Overplays. Kopitar has struggled this season to contain best top lines. Not sure what Kings are thinking throwing Laferriere up on top line. He's GA waiting to happen.
LA's leaders are over the hill. They are kind of like Washington and Pittsburgh that way. But the Oilers still need to take them seriously.

McDavid will try some Cam-shots, I hope!

Oilgasms

May 7, 2011
Edmonton

Got to feel a bit for Brown but it's hard to change the lineup after going 2/2 on the PK. Hope he finds his way into the lineup soon - I liked the way he ended his season

Reactions: ujju2 and tiger_80

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
any professional athlete that does the dirty work themselves and doesnt have proxy associates do it for them deserves everything they get

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Got to feel a bit for Brown but it's hard to change the lineup after going 2/2 on the PK. Hope he finds his way into the lineup soon - I liked the way he ended his season

I thought that game from our 4th line was one of their best of the year.

I was certain that things would be rocky with Janmark going to the other wing and Kane/Holloway shuffling around, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad