GDT: WCQF | G2 | "Encore" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.24.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

The Highlight of Game 1?

• The donair cannon

• Klim Kostin

• Hyman hatty

• Putting up a touchdown

• Finally winning a game 1 (at home)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Man all I can think of is how bad a donair is to eat sitting at home in painters coveralls with a roll of paper towel.

Shooting one of those out of a cannon is "bold"

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Oilers have a chance to join the Rangers, Panthers and Canes as the only teams to go up 2-0 at home. Boston, Winnipeg, and Vancouver all laid eggs in the second game of their respective series.

You know that LA is going to be hungrier and likely dirtier tonight. The boys need to deliver another 60-minute effort and get this series ended fast.
Man, it striking just how much worse the lower seeded east teams are compared to the west. Tampa is basically ride and die with kucherov and the caps and isles are dreadful. Meanwhile, Van could have easily been down 2-0 and Dallas gets the defending champs. Lol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Man, it striking just how much worse the lower seeded east teams are compared to the west. Tampa is basically ride and die with kucherov and the caps and isles are dreadful. Meanwhile, Van could have easily been down 2-0 and Dallas gets the defending champs. Lol
Meh, I'm pretty happy with it Toronto seems to have the worse path to the cup from the East and that makes me smile :laugh:

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Man, it striking just how much worse the lower seeded east teams are compared to the west. Tampa is basically ride and die with kucherov and the caps and isles are dreadful. Meanwhile, Van could have easily been down 2-0 and Dallas gets the defending CHEATERS Lol
Fixed the spelling for you 😁

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Would like to see us bring a fast and heavy forechecking game tonight. Create good chances in LA’s end and
make their Dmen part of the digital advertising.
Go Oilers!

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yah winning the conference and getting rewarded with a 1st round matchup against the 90 mill cup champs is bad luck.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I think the secret for success is more donair....let's replace our mascot with a donair, all concession items shall have a donair spin to them, donair flavored beer, Oilers replace their Gatorade with donair sweet sauce, skinners glove should be made to look like donair pita bread, maybe the team can enter through a donair tunnel at the start of the game.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
winning the 2nd game in a 7 game series is disproportionately important. I recall a stat that said it was about 70% likely that the winner of game 2 wins the series, regardless of game 1. Tonight is an important game

When the home team wins Game 2 to go up 2-0 in a series, they've won 259 out 293 series (88.4%).

Conversely when the away team wins Game 2 to tie it up, the home team has only won 90 of 175 series (51.4%).

Historically the swing is pretty massive for the home team going up 2-0.

Of the 259 wins when a team goes up 2-0 with home ice, it resulted in a sweep 91 times, a five games series 84 times, a six game series 60 times and a 7 game series 24 times. So 175 times out of the 293 (59.7%) instances where the home team goes up 2-0, they've finished the series in 5 or less games.

Conversely, the home team has only won the series in 5 games 27 times (15.4%) out of the 175 times the visiting team tied up the series by winning Game 2.

So if they want this to be a short series, tonight's game is huge.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If we bring the same level of pace (skating and passing) through all 4 lines and pressure their D like we did in Game 1 we'll get the same result.

Need to absolutely empty the tank to start the game to not give them a sniff. A win tonight and we set ourselves up with the opportunity for a short series, which I think would be absolutely critical in the long run.

Reactions: Oilhawks

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
winning the 2nd game in a 7 game series is disproportionately important. I recall a stat that said it was about 70% likely that the winner of game 2 wins the series, regardless of game 1. Tonight is an important game

Specifically for your example, out of 756 total 7-games series, the winner of game 2 has won the series 534 times (70.6). However, it's only 52.7 overall that the team tying it up in Game 2 wins the series and 48.6% if the team is the visiting team.

My source:

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Now that's dedication! I watched game 1 at my air bnb in Flagstaff. It was a lot of fun. I'm flying back home tonight. Won't be able to tune in since I'll be in the air but man it'll be sweet if we can take game 2. :nod:
I hope the trip to Utah/AZ was everything you hoped it to be.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Man all I can think of is how bad a donair is to eat sitting at home in painters coveralls with a roll of paper towel.

Shooting one of those out of a cannon is "bold"
If I ate a donair I would be shooting it out like a cannon.

No stupid penalties! Can't give them any life. Keep your feet moving and hope the refs don't forget to call penalties on LA. Hope the league hasn't sent out their memo to reduce PP's for us yet either.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
And we've seen the Oilers on the other side of that stat more than once (Detroit, SJ 2017, Anaheim 06, LAx2, Calgary).

The Oilers have never swept a team in my lifetime, and based on my research, it looks like the last time they did it was against LA in 1990.

It'd be nice to get halfway there tonight.

Reactions: bone

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
And we've seen the Oilers on the other side of that stat more than once (Detroit, SJ 2017, Anaheim 06, LAx2, Calgary).

The Oilers have never swept a team in my lifetime, and based on my research, it looks like the last time they did it was against LA in 1990.

It'd be nice to get halfway there tonight.

Not surprising since they've lost most of their Game 1s over that span and anytime they did it was as a road team. Just shows how crucial it was to have that game on Monday as it creates this opportunity, or at minimum gives you a little more room for error knowing you can win even going .500 the rest of the series and that the opposition needs 4 out of 6 to pull it off.

Reactions: Biltmore

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
What I love the best there is that it was Bouchard going into the group saying I think we can get them with the Shimmy and they did. Goes to show he's not just a passenger on that unit.
Yup Bouchard was 100% the quarterback on that play for sure

Reactions: Biltmore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad