GDT: WCQF | G1 | "of Kings; Dragons & Demons" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.22.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Ducking the question I see.
Your question is irrelevant to the initial discussion about the value of Hyman.
I'm not ducking anything; it's simply not relevant.
The measurement of his value is by real goals and assists, right there in black and white.
You come up with a hypothetical throwaway comment about what would he would do on another team.
Your question doesn't fit the discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
interesting stat kings were second in the league on the PK at 84.6%. Oil went 3/4 on the powerplay in game 1. They have to figure this out if they want a chance in this series.
Oilers were sandbagging the entire season. Now they are showing their true power.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Thrilled with the win... LA is greasy and gets those hits and goals.... this is their game. 6 to 7 game series IMO.

Don't blame him but Skinner at .892 is about what he was at in last years playoffs.... .883 last year. He needs to get to .905 or .910. I'm a huge fan but these sub .900 playoff games need to be eradicated.

Lots of things went supremely well... McDrai were eveywhere.. Hyman just keeps scoring.. Bouch with the quietest 4 point playoff game in history

Nurse/Ceci worry me

Hope Moore gets 1 game (and he should)

LA won't be swept.. not a chance!
I mean did you see the last two GA ? Not much he can do on fluke plays like that

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Your question is irrelevant to the initial discussion about the value of Hyman.
I'm not ducking anything; it's simply not relevant.
The measurement of his value is by real goals and assists, right there in black and white.
You come up with a hypothetical throwaway comment about what would he would do on another team.
Your question doesn't fit the discussion.

This is black and white. Tonight's hat trick couldn't have been more than 10 feet in the aggregate.

Look at the location of his first 40 goals. There is credit for willing to pay the price for being close to the net-the cross checks, slashes,etc.-but almost every one of his goals is the result of him being the beneficiary of playing with an all time great. Often times, he's playing with Draisatl as well.

It is not a "hypothetical throwaway comment" asking what someone thinks his production would be on another team. It's a question that someone who knows hockey and not a fanboy could give a realistic answer to.

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country

This is black and white. Tonight's hat trick couldn't have been more than 10 feet in the aggregate.

Look at the location of his first 40 goals. There is credit for willing to pay the price for being close to the net-the cross checks, slashes,etc.-but almost every one of his goals is the result of him being the beneficiary of playing with an all time great. Often times, he's playing with Draisatl as well.

It is not a "hypothetical throwaway comment" asking what someone thinks his production would be on another team. It's a question that someone who knows hockey and not a fanboy could give a realistic answer to.

Dude going to the blue paint to score goals in the playoffs is not in any way valuable. Give ur head a shake…

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Complete function of McDavid. Get a clue.

In your mind, McDavid is really a 30 goals guy and Hyman is a 50 goal scorer:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::DD

McDavid has had a lot of linemates in his career. I don't remember Maroon, Lucic, Eberle, Rattie, Caggulia scoring 50. Give the guy credit, he is a great player.

Yea he's not the most skilled guy in the world beating defenders 1 on 1 but he has very good hockey IQ and knows exactly where to position himself. He can read McDavid better than any linemate i have seen in Connors career. Also look at his pass to Henrique tonight, his back checking, takeaway. Hes a hell of a player!

Duder54

1713852770930.png

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hyman's expected goals last season was 51 and he had like 8 called back on review. I still think he did the smart thing and did nothing but drills around the crease this off-season because last year goalies were robbing him blind.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
McDavid has had a lot of linemates in his career. I don't remember Maroon, Lucic, Eberle, Rattie, Caggulia scoring 50. Give the guy credit, he is a great player.

Yea he's not the most skilled guy in the world beating defenders 1 on 1 but he has very good hockey IQ and knows exactly where to position himself. He can read McDavid better than any linemate i have seen in Connors career. Also look at his pass to Henrique tonight, his back checking, takeaway. Hes a hell of a player!
I'll agree that he can read McDavid pretty well though not as good as Drai. It probably works more the other way of McDavid reading Hyman.

I'll also give him credit for his willingness to be physical and absorb punishment and stay disciplined most of the time. Great player-can't go there. Can't argue that he hasn't been an effective target for McDavid. Will still hold that he's a 20 or so goals scorer outside of Edmonton's Great One #2.

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
3 goals, 1 assist, 9 shots, 5 hits and we have someone crying about how close he is to the net when he scores.

LMAO never change HF
Remember 1 thing everyone is a product of Mcdavid. But Mcdavid isn’t that good either. Drai and Hyman are products of Mcdavid who is a produce of Nuge who is a product of McLeod…or so I’m told. lol

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Remember 1 thing everyone is a product of Mcdavid. But Mcdavid isn’t that good either. Drai and Hyman are products of Mcdavid who is a produce of Nuge who is a product of McLeod…or so I’m told. lol

Everyones collective ineffectiveness causes effectiveness. Simple mathematics haha

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'll agree that he can read McDavid pretty well though not as good as Drai. It probably works more the other way of McDavid reading Hyman.

I'll also give him credit for his willingness to be physical and absorb punishment and stay disciplined most of the time. Great player-can't go there. Can't argue that he hasn't been an effective target for McDavid. Will still hold that he's a 20 or so goals scorer outside of Edmonton's Great One #2.

it really just depends on who he plays with. Hes smart enough to put up numbers if he plays with a centerman who can get him the puck

Its not just his willingness to go to the hard areas either, he's really good at the timing aspect of it. A lot of guys are willing to stand in the paint and eat cross checks but not many guys are able to elude defenseman so well and pop in at the perfect time to receive a pass and finish it like Hyman does

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta

If you decide to continue arguing something not integral to the original discussion, go ahead.
No need to resort to the 'fanboy' slur. I stuck to the topic, you not at all.
Goodnight, sincerely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad