GDT: WCQF | G1 | "of Kings; Dragons & Demons" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.22.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

Game Day: Monday April 22nd 2024
Game Time: 8:00 PM
Broadcast: SN

-----

Oilers vs. Kings '21 - '22

Oilers vs. Kings '22 - '23

ANOTHER CHAPTER TO BE WRITTEN

OIG1.9PY8c1CZRbSw8tuFewhh

-----

extralarge.png

Adam Henrique - Connor McDavid - Zach Hyman
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Leon Draisaitl - Warren Foegele
Dylan Holloway - Ryan McLeod - Corey Perry
Evander Kane - Connor Carrick - Mattias Janmark

Mattias Ekholm - Evan Bouchard
Darnell Nurse - Cody Ceci
Brett Kulak - Vinny Desharnais

Stuart Skinner

-----

extralarge.png

Alex Laferriere - Anze Kopitar - Adrian Kempe
Trevor Moore - Phillip Danault - Viktor Ardvidsson
Kevin Fiala - Blake Lizzote - Trevor Lewis
Carl Grundstrom - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Quinton Byfield

Mikey Anderson - Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov - Matt Roy
Andreas Englund - Jordan Spence

Cam Talbot

-----

OhP88N1.jpeg

• A week ago when it looked like we were playing Vegas, much rhetoric of slaying the dragon, exorcising demons, and so forth. In this series against Los Angeles, we are the demons, we are the dragon, and we have a village to burn.

• The Oilers are notoriously poor at securing Game 1 wins, so coming out of this game with a 1-0 series lead will be our own Everest.

• Just win.

Last edited:

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
I just hope we can hold leads. I don't have numbers but it feels like we have had the lead in the vast majority of games in the playoffs in the McDavid era but we just seem not able to hold them.

Reactions: BudBundy and Duke74

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I just hope we can hold leads. I don't have numbers but it feels like we have had the lead in the vast majority of games in the playoffs in the McDavid era but we just seem not able to hold them.
Oilers had the lead at some point in every game of the playoffs last year except for the comeback win against LA in game 4.

Prior years I don't think it was as bad. 2022 actually required some comebacks (the Flames in particular went up 2-0 early every game it felt like). The Jets series before felt like it was tied all game every game. Blackhawks the team barely showed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Oh cool will the league let us play now? Have to wait 3 days for the refs to screw us. Also Go Oil. Hit the bodies and make the plays.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sweep these redundant f***s and let’s get that Cup. Starts tomorrow.

Keys to a Cup IMO:
- 3rd line has to get hot and score at a higher rate than they have been. We need our top 9 to be able to beat the best top 9s in this league.
- 4th line needs to crash bodies and win the possession game without hurting us defensively. They should be able to do this. Scoring optional.
-Knob defence needs to be at its absolute best. It has not been for awhile now, but we have the ability to get back to that. That means the following is non-negotiable: Backchecking. Protecting the net front like your life depends on it. Not screening your goalie.
- McDavids shooting needs to be a factor again. He cannot go into these playoffs looking to pass it into the net every time. Teams on their best defensive nights can and will stifle the predictable passing.
- BouchBombs need to be our defensive structure breakers. If teams clog the net front (and they will), Bouchs shooting needs to get hot and find a way through all playoffs long.
- Drai needs to be the playoff beast we all know he’s capable of being.
- Will need a surprise red hot contribution from someone unexpected. Connor Brown / Holloway / Foegele? Someone needs to step up Pisani style.
- Skinner/Picard needs to be good enough. Not all world. But good enough.
- Nurse NEEDS to find his big game ability. Too many big games in the past where the moment turns him into a dummy. Once every 30 games he gives us an all world performance. I’m not even asking for those, just have no brain fart games consistently please.
- I won’t ask a lot of Ceci, but just don’t get caved. Don’t chase. Don’t fall asleep. (Shockingly, I’ve liked his game more recently).
- Kulak shows normal playoff Kulak form
-Hyman keeps doing his thing like he has been. Especially the ability to play his best when the team around him is laying an egg.
- Nuge needs to hit less crossbar and more net. Must he be so fine?
- Block shots! We don’t do enough of this by the way (part of it can be blamed on our possession dominance). It’s time to man up.
- Lower rush chances given up by not making bad pinches and turnovers. Don’t allow that whole ‘Every mistake turning into a goal’ by just not making dumb mistakes.
- A healthy dose of Coffey wisdom for the whole team.

I’m only asking for everything to go right. A tall ask, but that’s what it takes for a Cup. Get it done Oilers.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ OILERS TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
will need a pregame nap for this one. HAve to get up at 330 AM for work. Puck drop wont be till 1120. I get home at 530 PM so hopefully sleep from 630 till 11. Will that happen? NAFC. Oh well, tomorrow is last day of rotation. Have never missed a playoff game, not about to.
@Bring Back Bucky , u better be staying up for this one. U guys are an hr behind us in the Northeast

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Yes.

Ironically, Anaheim was our only Game 1 win in the 2006 run as well.
And both were road games i believe.

will need a pregame nap for this one. HAve to get up at 330 AM for work. Puck drop wont be till 1120. I get home at 530 PM so hopefully sleep from 630 till 11. Will that happen? NAFC. Oh well, tomorrow is last day of rotation. Have never missed a playoff game, not about to.
@Bring Back Bucky , u better be staying up for this one. U guys are an hr behind us in the Northeast
Just wrap the clock. Sleep when your dead.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Finally playoff hockey 🏒 🏒 🏒

Do we have some playoff avatars?

Can we finally win Game 1?

Questions over questions...let the show begin.

Let's go Oilers!!!

Reactions: McDrai

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Beat these guys, its nothing new.

Wouldn't it it be sweet to move on and beat the Canucks up like we did Calgary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad