WCQF: (2) Edmonton Oilers vs. (3) San Jose Sharks | Oilers Lead Series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He specifically and both benches were warned about contact with the goalies. No one else came close to touching the goalies after that... except him.

The refs will make mistakes but instead of blaming failures on external forces, give your team credit to overcome adversity (see game 2). Without a good PK the team will not go far (which worries me as a sharks fan).

Looked to me like he was warned about giving Jones a snow shower.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I remember how mad Wings fans were when Pavelski kept giving Howard snow showers in one of the playoff series'. I think he finally got an unsportsmanlike call and it stopped. :laugh:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I remember how mad Wings fans were when Pavelski kept giving Howard snow showers in one of the playoff series'. I think he finally got an unsportsmanlike call and it stopped. :laugh:

Impossible since the refs always favor the Sharks :sarcasm: :naughty:

Joking aside the Wings used to ALWAYS get the calls! :laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
for sure, imo that opinion of "we're just having fun and have no expectations" or "this season is already a success even if we lose", is the enemy. It's definitely not what you want your team think like. Even for fans it's like a laziness to dodge the stress.

And you are right. With the Hawks out, and likely the Wild as well, that makes things wide open in the west. Now is the time to strike. This is actually similar to 2006, although in that year ALL the top seeds went down (east and west I believe) edit: just in the west, 1-4 ranked teams lost in first round.

For me, making the Playoffs is just gravy is just wrong on so many levels. It is not easy making the playoffs each season. You cannot take it for granted. You owe it to your teammates and fans to not be satisfied with the bare minimum. The Oilers earned it this season, and if they make it past the Sharks. There is a reasonable path to the Cup finals this year. No Chicago, Sharks or LA in anyone's way. A team could steal a Cup this year. It would be a monumental accomplishment if a team that was one point out of 30th last year did it. Part of me wants to see this, for people that believe it takes years to rebuild a team into a contender.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Not sure. May be banged up a bit. Or Deboer could be looking to sparm Donskoi. Each time he was healthy scratched this year he responded with very good games.

Yeah I like Donskoi, his production slipped this year but I'm surprised you guys would take out Timo for him, I thought Meier was actually playing pretty well.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Wouldn't be shocked to see the Sharks win this one. They're a veteran team and will be coming out hard. If they win tonight it will likely be because Talbot stood on his head or McDavid finally goes beast mode. Either way, hopefully we see a great game from both teams tonight!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I can see the Oilers finishing this series tonight. Have seen them enough of them this season to know they are a good team on the road that it would not surprise me if they play well tonight.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yeah I like Donskoi, his production slipped this year but I'm surprised you guys would take out Timo for him, I thought Meier was actually playing pretty well.

I thought he's been one of their most effective forwards. As an Oilers fan I am perfectly ok with him coming out of the lineup.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Already dusting off that old chestnut? Im sure the refs will swallow their whistles tonight but that wont necessarly make for a better game.

Not sure what you're referring to, just hoping for a well officiated game tonight and if there ends up being a game 7. I'm pretty sure most fans of any team would want that. The refs haven't swallowed their whistles at any point in the series and I don't expect them to, just to call the rules is all.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I thought he's been one of their most effective forwards. As an Oilers fan I am perfectly ok with him coming out of the lineup.

Me too. He's fairly physical as well, kind of odd.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Thought he was going to come in for Sorensen as I assumed he would be banged up following the McDavid hit.

I'm not a fan of Meier coming out, but he may be banged up, himself.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Thought he was going to come in for Sorensen as I assumed he would be banged up following the McDavid hit.

I'm not a fan of Meier coming out, but he may be banged up, himself.

Maybe he stubbed a toe climbing up the ladder to the diving board during practice

I kid, I kid.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Impossible since the refs always favor the Sharks :sarcasm: :naughty:

Joking aside the Wings used to ALWAYS get the calls! :laugh:

I'll never forget the Lidstrom pick on the PP in '06. The most blatant interference call ever, but it's Lidstrom and the puck is in the net. :laugh:

vt89*

May 6, 2010
question for edm fans

how has lucic been this year? he's been awfully quiet, is he still up to his usual embarrassing antics? would love if the guy has turned the corner and grown up.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
question for edm fans

how has lucic been this year? he's been awfully quiet, is he still up to his usual embarrassing antics? would love if the guy has turned the corner and grown up.

If the Sharks were healthy he would have lost them the series already. Not kidding either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad