WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Not sure the fuss over a goal that didn't affect the outcome. If we get one denied on a similar play, ok, there's something to bitch about. Avs have been very competitive, lots of reasons for optimism in Colorado, regardless of series result.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
One of the worst officiated games I have witnessed and the Avs still couldn't pull it off.

-Landeskog headhunt on Joey

-Ghetto spearing Hartman

-Z hitting Fiala to the head

-The obvious GI on that 2nd goal, doesn't get anymore blatant than that, especially when they have called it tight all season

-Ekholm getting a penalty when Landeskog hit him after the whistle (by the way, nice comments from 92 after Game 3 looks good now)

-Missed interference on Sissons in the 3rd

Somehow the refs made this one interesting. Hopefully, NBC got good ratings!!

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
You're saying he was unable to avoid that contact?
I’d say Comeau was actively trying to avoid that contact, but was unable to do so. Are you saying Comeau wasn’t trying to stop?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
One of the worst officiated games I have witnessed and the Avs still couldn't pull it off.

-Ghetto spearing Hartman

-The obvious GI on that 2nd goal, doesn't get anymore blatant than that, especially when they have called it tight all season

-Ekholm getting a penalty when Landeskog hit him after the whistle (by the way, nice comments from 92 after Game 3 looks good now)

Hey! You're up 3-1! Be happy! Grab a Snickers!

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I’d say Comeau was actively trying to avoid that contact, but was unable to do so. Are you saying Comeau wasn’t trying to stop?

Comeau was stopping, saw the puck on Rinne's pad, and allowed his momentum to continue into it. He easily could have completely avoided touching Rinne if he had wanted to.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado

-Ghetto spearing Hartman

I like you.

You remind me of myself in my teen years.

That was however, one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.

I pray those referees do not make it to the next round.

Reactions: SouthNash

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Guessing the Preds end this one at home. Good series so far, very pleased and proud of the Avs never giving up and keeping it tight. Hope to see these two in the playoffs again in the future when the Avs are healthier and have something approaching equal depth to the Preds. Should be fun. At least the Avs are keeping it close and competitive and aren’t doing whatever the Ducks....did.

Forsberg and Arvidsson are beauts.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

-Ghetto spearing Hartman

You forgot hauling down Josi on a breakaway

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
And imo, the officiating has been bad in the playoffs in general aside a few games. But this was expectionally bad officiating.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Good on Nashville to win this game. If they hadn't, I would have put them on my "Can't Win the Cup" list. The 3-0 lead indicated to me that they took this game a little bit more serious than the last 3. However, they did let it get close.

They need to come out flying in game 5. If they are a legit contender, they will take game 5 more seriously than they have any other thus far.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012

-Ghetto spearing Hartman

-Johansen ducked
-Ghetto got a penalty for that
-Not a dirty hit, there's a big difference in height
-Who even knows goalie interference at this point
-Mack got a penalty for getting punched by Subban so I guess we're even there

What a stupid post. :laugh: Don't act like Nashville didn't get away with **** in this game either.

Reactions: NastyKnies

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Comeau was stopping, saw the puck on Rinne's pad, and allowed his momentum to continue into it. He easily could have completely avoided touching Rinne if he had wanted to.
If you say so...

I’m not even saying you’re wrong that Comeau could’ve stopped if he REALLY wanted to. But cmon, it’s a split second bang bang play and Comeau is clearly trying to stop. I don’t see anything in this replay that clearly indicates the contact wasn’t incidental...FWIW I think you’d have a stronger argument if the puck had rolled in without Kerfoot punching it over the line.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Joey lost his footing and Landeskog could've slowed down.

Ghetto didn't get a penalty for spearing but the aftermath of the Hartman penalty. Btw, spearing is most of the time 5 and a game. Despite of that, Avs got on the PP.

Elbow to the head is legal now, huh? I realize the height difference but you still don't need to raise your elbows.

What game are you talking about? I'm talking about Game 4

I said the officiating has been horrible throughout the whole playoffs and most of this series. Just think this game was the worst of it.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Joey lost his footing and Landeskog could've slowed down.

Ghetto didn't get a penalty for spearing but the aftermath of the Hartman penalty. Btw, spearing is most of the time 5 and a game. Despite of that, Avs got on the PP.

Elbow to the head is legal now, huh? I realize the height difference but you still don't need to raise your elbows.

What game are you talking about? I'm talking about Game 4

I said the officiating has been horrible throughout the whole playoffs and most of this series. Just think this game was the worst of it.

1. watch the replay. He ducked when Landy already committed to the hit. Bad collision there, nothing penalty worthy tbh.

I agree, should have been 5 and a game for spearing. I guess they only called the aftermath with the face wash. And Hartman got the initial two for holding the stick, that's why it was an Avs PP.

Don't know what you mean with "What game are you talking about" though.

And yes, officiating is absolutely horrible in the play-offs, I don't know why they let more go through than in the reg. season tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad