GDT: WCF Gm#2 | KINGS#5 @ BLACKHAWKS#1 | Sunday, 6/2/’13 @ 5:00pm PT | NBC-SN, TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't give a **** what y'all say, Martinez is decisive with his breakout passes, and that matters.

It matters, but consistently minus players on a team that scores two goals max is...a problem. Martinez was a -2, he got lost twice...and that's that.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
At this time of year (the playoffs) you need fresh perspectives and rested blood. We had King Nolan and Voynov all come up and get oriented in time for the playoffs. This year we have Muzzin who has had his ups and downs and Toffi (for the most part only those two and a couple of mins of Pearson).

Young eager fearless talented kids are exactly what an experienced team needs to keep them going. It also throws our competition off but I have to believe that DS knows this and will make his adjustments.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Quick and Toffoli will have big games Tuesday, hopefully everyone else decides to finally show up. We are in trouble if Richards is out any longer.

KingKopitar11*

At this time of year (the playoffs) you need fresh perspectives and rested blood. We had King Nolan and Voynov all come up and get oriented in time for the playoffs. This year we have Muzzin who has had his ups and downs and Toffi (for the most part only those two and a couple of mins of Pearson).

Young eager fearless talented kids are exactly what an experienced team needs to keep them going. It also throws our competition off but I have to believe that DS knows this and will make his adjustments.

Are you suggesting we put some black aces up?

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
It matters, but consistently minus players on a team that scores two goals max is...a problem. Martinez was a -2, he got lost twice...and that's that.

I hope Sutter sees how much he helps out offensively and gives him one full practice before benching him.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I hope Sutter sees how much he helps out offensively and gives him one full practice before benching him.

The Kings scored two goals.....Only one at even strength....

Just stop people.....

The Hawks made the Defense look like an AHL Defense....

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Penner-Carter-Toffoli
Brown-Richards-Williams
King-Kopitar-Lewis
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson

I would do Lewis-Kopitar-Stoll as a third line, at least that line would shut the Hawks down. There is no reason for Kopitar to play in the top six anymore, if Sutter is going to do that, we'll be riding him onto the golf course.

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003
Kopitar has done absolutely nothing today (and yesterday). It's so discouraging to see him play this poorly. We've seen him go through cold streaks but this dry spell by him is the worst we've seen from him. His play is disheartening.

We'll have to wait till after the playoffs to learn what injury he's playing through. Wouldn't surprise me if the injury dates back to one of his late season goalless streaks.

Another Carter Snipe

Terminated User
Oct 20, 2011
San Diego, CA
Penner-Carter-Toffoli
Brown-Richards-Williams
King-Kopitar-Lewis
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson

I'd love that, especially with Kopitar on the 3rd line. I'm stunned how someone so talented, and so dominant last year has become so terrible this ENTIRE playoffs. There has to be some major injury we don't know about. I can't explain it.

Richards is likely concussed from the Bolland hit. :( I don't know if we'll see him any more this series.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
tyler-toffoli.png

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003
Another reason why team's never repeat. Not only the skill of the roster, but even moreso, the health. We had good health last season. Not so fortunate this year.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I would do Lewis-Kopitar-Stoll as a third line, at least that line would shut the Hawks down. There is no reason for Kopitar to play in the top six anymore, if Sutter is going to do that, we'll be riding him onto the golf course.

I'm fine with that. It's time to put team before pride with Kopi though. He can still be helpful in a bottom six role, but no more top six minutes for him in these playoffs

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

That happened during one game if I remember correctly and we won every game Martinez was in. His experience is sorely missed. Look, I am almost entirely alone in supporting Muzzin joining the team and so far he has proven my prediction of his play right. That said Martinez is a much better choice between the two and I understand that DS loves Muzzin because of his size and the fact that he hits more than Martinez.

To me that is not enough. Martinez is clearly the better of the two and should be at least given a chance to prove himself. I mean we had Ellerby and Muzzin paired during the playoffs and that is wrong. Tough to understand at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad