GDT: WCF Game 2: Chicago @ Anaheim Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Seriously. This is the NHLs broadcast. Why is there no producer telling the announcers what the rule is?

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Closest I can come is Rule 38.4, subsection iv:

iv) Puck directed or batted into the net by a hand or foot or deliberately batted with any part of the attacking player’s body. With the use of a foot/skate, was a distinct kicking motion evident? If so, the apparent goal must be disallowed. A DISTINCT KICKING MOTION is one which the player propels the puck with his skate into the net. If the Video Goal Judge / League Office Video Room determines that it was put into the net by an attacking player using a distinct kicking motion, it must be ruled NO GOAL. This would also be true even if the puck, after being kicked, deflects off any other player of either team and then into the net. This is still NO GOAL. However, a puck that enters the goal after deflecting off an attacking player’s skate or that deflects off his skate while he is in the process of stopping, shall be ruled a good goal. See also 49.2.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Okay I think that it might not be a goal and it makes sense why. If hitting it in with a glove intentionally doesn't count a header shouldn't. But pls end it ASAP so I can sleep.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Courtesy of EJ Hradek on twitter:

CFbLnP1W8AAmJkU.png

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
In Wednesday's edition of "C'mon Ref": Kerry Fraser spins a tale of lies one after another in order to defend the officiating crew at all costs.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
if it would have gone off his head unintentional most likely would have counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad