WC Relegation Round GDTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
I will be fairly put out if Germany and Austria do not stay up. With Norway and Italy coming up we would have the best 16 team field ever.Denmark infuriated me with their horrifying showing against Sweden. By all accounts Germany have been poor on special teams and Austria just plain poor. Not much was expected of Slovenia anyway. I give them credit for their effort level.

Hellström

Sep 22, 2002
I´m not happy with the schedule...if the german team is not gaining any confidence in the game against Austria it could get pretty worse...

I´ll predict the relegation if they can´t beat Austria...

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I actually may watch the Denmark vs. Austria game because both teams impressed me in their opening games. They obviously aren't as skilled as the ex-Soviet Belarussians and Kazakhstanis, but they play a great team defense with energy, speed and remarkable effectiveness at times.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Austria - Germany is just starting. I expect a tough game which could go either way.

Brückler is back in goal for Austria.

Thomas Pöck plays as center in the first line :rant: because his dad is the coach. Though we could use another defenseman.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Denmark pressing early, two scoring chances and forcing the other team to ice the puck a few times. The funny thing is the announcer, two minutes into the game, has already mentioned THREE times that Slovenia has only scored one goal so far in the tourney. We know, we know already!

That said, looks like it'll be a 3-0 Denmark victory, though scoreless at the moment.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Slovenia continued their cheap penalty ways and Danish captain Damgaard just scored on a rocket (screened) shot from the point on the pp, due to a pass from Green (a Canadian of Danish heritage? just a guess).

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
VanIslander said:
Green (a Canadian of Danish heritage? just a guess).

No, he's born in Denmark. Plays in the SEL though (like the other better Danes..) What makes you think he's canadian? Morten is about as danish a name as you can ever find. And "Green" isn't that uncommon in any scandinavian country.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Austria came out much better in second period and deserved the goal. Germans lost their game completly for the first half of the period but tried to fight back.

Can somebody please teach us to play powerplay, this is a joke, I was hopping with Schubert this would improve, but it seems to get even worse.

Well will be a fight in the last period. I hope we can hang on and maybe somehow score a third goal. At least we have Mueller in goal today. :yo:

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Deserved equalicer for Austria, as the Germans seemed to be tired and are taking too many penalties. :cry:

Go on Germany fight.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Bonde 007 said:
Denmark allows 4 unanswered goals from Slovenia :shakehead

Thats just.. awful. Even letting Slovenia score one on them is bad, but 4, when you were 3 ahead. Inexcusable. Well at least Norway will take their place next year, but it would have been fun to have all four countries in the WC..

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Riddarn said:
Thats just.. awful. Even letting Slovenia score one on them is bad, but 4, when you were 3 ahead. Inexcusable. Well at least Norway will take their place next year, but it would have been fun to have all four countries in the WC..
Danes got a PP with 4 mins to go, it aint over yet..

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Germany and Austria draw, I hope both sides will be able to stay in Division 1, and on paper both sides should be able to achieve this.

danista

Mar 25, 2004
Cologne, Germany
On the paper germany should beat Austria 3-0... :dunno:

We need a new coach :teach:

15 losses in 20 games
0 pp goals in 23 pp's in the WC
1 point in 4 WC games
Great numbers for Poss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad