WC QROUND: May 6 GDT - USA vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
If Finland plays like they did against Sweden, it could get ugly.

4-2 USA

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
mikkoz said:
Im again opitmistic 1-3 Finns will win.
If the guy in your avatar was playing, your team would win. Tikkanen was as clutch as they get.

2-1 USA final on a goal by Knuble.

But anyone who is confident about the outcome should place a big bet and become a rich man. The result is far from clear with the up-and-down play of both teams in this tournament.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Team USA probably would have been better served ONLY selecting players who played this past season, most likely in Europe.

This will be tough although the US doesn't traditionally have problems with the Finns. They'll have bigger problems with the Swedes, although they shouldn't have any problem with the Ukraine.

I bet 3-2 for the US in an often ugly (skillwise) match.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Unfortunately I don't think Team Finland can't beat Team USA this time. I'll say 4-1 for Team USA. Team Finland sucked big time against Team Sweden and I fear the same thing is going on still.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
finska said:
Like when they "traditionally" beat Finland to advance into the gold medal game at last years world cup? :sarcasm:

heheh...yeah, I'm trying to think back when USA would have won Finland in the world championships. I am probably forgetting a bunch of losses, but the last one I remember was like -91 in Finland?

Of course I am forgetting some games, but still....I don't think it's very traditional at all that USA beats Finland in world championships.

Not that it really has anything to do with tonights game.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think a few of the offensive players on the U.S. who are playing offensively thaw out. I say 4-1 U.S.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
I wonder if Erkka Westerlund have been allowing Juhani Tamminen to say few words to the team. No doubt "Tami" has been trying.

Tami has once said: "Don't ever give up when you've been disappointing. Surviving from a crisis is based on three phases: Stop. Analyze. Make a judgment call. Move on." Hopefully Team Finland has a huge belief of what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad