WC: May 3 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
Wisent said:
Germany always plays a strong game against the Czechs. I think 3:2 Czech Republic.
Yeah, they often did, but they played more defensive in the past and they had a real bad start this year :cry:. And I think they will focus on the game against the Swiss. So: 4-1 Cze :dunno:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
If Germany gets a penalty in the first few minutes, the game will be over...

Once in a while Germany plays a great game against one of the top teams, but they just can't finish them off. Germany lacks the skill to dominate a game and the aggressiveness to surprise better teams...
It seems like Germany is considered too good to be taken lightly, so they can't upset teams, like Denmark or Austria did last year.

If Germany gets off a great start: 5:2 Czech Rep.
If Germany starts badly: 6:0 Czech Rep.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
CR up early on a goal by Kubina...Prospal and Jagr with the assists

PP goal btw

danista

Mar 25, 2004
Cologne, Germany
For me Germany was even a little bit better in the second period than the Czechs! Great game from Germany, especially in the last 10 minutes. They still have good chances to tie this one in the last period but the Czech are still dangerous so let's look forward to exciting last 20 minutes.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
czechs seem to be having more problems scoring in this tourney than they should, with the firepower they have :dunno:

Oil_slick9416*

very convincing win for the czechs.....

shots 18-30 final score 2-0

:help:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Oil_slick9416 said:
very convincing win for the czechs.....

shots 18-30 final score 2-0

:help:

that 6-4 win against Lativa was convincing?

a win is a win, who cares about those scores ... well obviously you do, but history shows that if you win 8-2 against bad teams in the preliminary rounds, your chances of success in the end are not getting any higher.

Oil_slick9416*

wilka91 said:
that 6-4 win against Lativa was convincing?

a win is a win, who cares about those scores ... well obviously you do, but history shows that if you win 8-2 against bad teams in the preliminary rounds, your chances of success in the end are not getting any higher.

go and read my posts in that game thread...i never said it was. it was disapointing watching the D play. but the forwards looked excellent for canada.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
worthless game

God how I hate these games...Absolutely worthless and on top Jagr´s finger is broken:( If it was the last part of the pinky, it would be OK, but it is the middle part...he will try to play with it though - he has my respect :clap:

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
Rogalo said:
God how I hate these games...Absolutely worthless and on top Jagr´s finger is broken:( If it was the last part of the pinky, it would be OK, but it is the middle part...he will try to play with it though - he has my respect :clap:

It was the second of 3 games, far away from being worthless. Yeah, for sure the Czechs should win this game 9 out of 10 times, but the game isn't worthless.
I'm glad to hear he will be back, in some German newspapers it read like he left the tourney.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
apparently he left to have it checked out, then decidd he could play through it...but will need surgery when the tourney is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad