Post-Game Talk: WC- Habs show up. Bruins stuck in 2015 lose 5-1

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I am not even in the picture at my seats…must have been during the 35 minutes I was standing in line to use the bathroom.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
On a positive note I thought the atmosphere was great. Bruins fans and Habs fans all getting along. No brawls, riots, fights, etc. Was fun tailgating until the puck dropped.

Except for the game everything was perfect.

The bathroom lines at Gillette are worse than the old Foxborough Stadium :rant:

More than one Montreal fan said they were surprised how friendly Bruins fans were to them - honestly I think there was more trouble 6 years ago with Flyers fans at Fenway.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Except for the game everything was perfect.

The bathroom lines at Gillette are worse than the old Foxborough Stadium :rant:

More than one Montreal fan said they were surprised how friendly Bruins fans were to them - honestly I think there was more trouble 6 years ago with Flyers fans at Fenway.

That's too bad.

I, unfortunately, have still not been to Gillette Stadium for ANY event. With all the great things I've heard about, I can't believe that is what is ****ed up. I guess more bathrooms doesn't equal more money. (Tongue-in-cheek...Kraft is clearly a pretty fan-friendly owner as far as 2015 professional sports owners go).

I wonder if it perhaps has something to do with the NFL having more breaks where people can run to the bathroom in more spread out droves. It's not just a free-for-all scramble twice a game. In hockey, you're always at risk of missing something during play. In football, your chances of missing a touchdown are pretty slim if your team is starting from their own 3.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

Well.... I've only been to one game in Boston but I've seen the Bruins play in Philly a bunch and my spider sense tells me the Flyers fans may have been a little more trouble...

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
That's too bad.

I, unfortunately, have still not been to Gillette Stadium for ANY event. With all the great things I've heard about, I can't believe that is what is ****ed up. I guess more bathrooms doesn't equal more money. (Tongue-in-cheek...Kraft is clearly a pretty fan-friendly owner as far as 2015 professional sports owners go).

I wonder if it perhaps has something to do with the NFL having more breaks where people can run to the bathroom in more spread out droves. It's not just a free-for-all scramble twice a game. In hockey, you're always at risk of missing something during play. In football, your chances of missing a touchdown are pretty slim if your team is starting from their own 3.

This was my 1st time at Gillette for a sporting event - I have been for concerts and never had an issue with bathrooms. I went to go after the 2nd period and waited in a line that had to be 100 people at least in line and it took 30 minutes. Once in the bathroom they were 5 deep on each side waiting for urinals. I cannot fathom how this works for Pats games. At a minimum they should put in a few hundred outhouses for use inside the stadium.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This was my 1st time at Gillette for a sporting event - I have been for concerts and never had an issue with bathrooms. I went to go after the 2nd period and waited in a line that had to be 100 people at least in line and it took 30 minutes. Once in the bathroom they were 5 deep on each side waiting for urinals. I cannot fathom how this works for Pats games. At a minimum they should put in a few hundred outhouses for use inside the stadium.

I knew enough to go the Cross Pavilion as there are bathrooms there that not everybody knows about. Reality is Kraft only makes sure the Putnam Club members are happy - Level 100 and 300 are for the peons. Most new stadiums have escalators to the upperdeck - Foxboro it is ramp after ramp.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

They did back in 2003. When the stadium opened, it had less urinals. I can take the traffic, expensive parking - but having to wait that long to go to the bathroom is awful.

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
They did back in 2003. When the stadium opened, it has less urinals. I can take the traffic, expensive parking - but having to wait that long to go to the bathroom is awful.

It's weird.

You'd think there was plenty of available statistical formulas out there to determine an adequate amount of bathrooms for a new stadium/arena. It's something that every human needs, at one point or another. It can't be that hard to figure it out. Seems pretty lame to have an issue with it in a brand new stadium.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
It's weird.

You'd think there was plenty of available statistical formulas out there to determine an adequate amount of bathrooms for a new stadium/arena. It's something that every human needs, at one point or another. It can't be that hard to figure it out. Seems pretty lame to have an issue with it in a brand new stadium.

Agreed. You shouldn't have to miss the event you're paying top dollar to see because you need to pee, they have room to expand if they wanted to..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad