WC Group C: Apr 24 GDT - Denmark vs. Sweden (1-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
mole said:
4-1 Sweden.

That said, I think it'll be a very enjoyable game, and very different to the one last year (7-1).

Game starts in 25 min, here's Sweden's line-up:

GOAL: Henrik Lundqvist

FIRST LINE
Niclas Hävelid - Dick Tärnström
Jonathan Hedström - Samuel Påhlsson - Andreas Salomonsson

SECOND LINE
Christian Bäckman - Daniel Tjärnqvist
Jonas Höglund - Jörgen Jönsson - Andreas Johansson

THIRD LINE
Per HÃ¥llberg - Ronnie Sundin
Niklas Andersson - Johan Davidsson - Magnus Kahnberg

EXTRA FORWARDS
Fredrik Sjöström
Mathias Tjärnqvist

(Michael Nylander, PJ Axelsson, Daniel Alfredsson will not play before Tuesday, vs Russia)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Magnus Kahnberg makes it 1-0 Sweden 4 minutes into the first period. A solo effort where he first lost the puck, stole it back from the defender and put it past Hirsch with a light touch. Perhaps Hirsch should have grabbed that one.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Denmark is having problems keeping up with the Swedish players. Christian Bäckman makes it 2-0 (his first WC game ever), assisted by Andreas Johansson.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Quite easy win for Sweden 5-1. Not a very good game. For Sweden Henrik Lundqvist, Jörgen Jönsson and Christian Bäckman were the best players on the ice.

The Danes were pretty good in powerplay IMO and I wouldn't surprise if they can give Russia a good game and I expect them to defeat Japan.

mole

May 7, 2002
Top line, baby
Visit site
Yeah, not a great game.
From the danish side, too many stupid penalties and bad decisions with the puck (Schioldan, Larsen on 3-1 and 5-1 spring to mind, but plenty of others were guilty of 'alibi-hockey'). Hirsch not too great either.
For the Swedes, not great PP - and generally too much passing, too little finishing.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I think the referee was being overly ambitious. There was no flow to this game and too many penalties in a game which had so little physical play.

Unknownbutfamous

Apr 11, 2004
Hi Ranger Fan here! Can someone tell me in your opinion what Lundqvist's potential is and also how hard is it to adjust to the NA style of game? We want to know if he should go to the minors or possibly jump to the NHL. If Lundqvist will be good, that we'll be 2 young goalies in Blackbrun and Lundqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad