GDT: WC - Czechs vs GB

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czech commenter described the Czech team as a diesel engine starting in minus 20.lol

Reactions: Fenris

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
With all due respect to Dostal and Langhammer... I would've been fine to read that Venecek was coming today. Vanecek-Vejmelka-Dostal would've been perfect. Happy to hear Fehervey is joing Sloavk's though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It was a nice PP but NOTHING! Even a krejci post. Hope goalie is okay... looked like a elbow from Stransky.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Not too impressive start by the Czech team. Great Britain lost in their preparation games to Italy and Denmark beat them 8-0.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I do think Blumel will eventually carve out a decent NHL career... more likely bottom 6 role player type but I'm a big fan of his! Leads the NT this season in goals. Still in shock my Oilers drafted him and let him go 2 years later.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not too impressive start by the Czech team. Great Britain lost in their preparation games to Italy and Denmark beat them 8-0.
What they are saying, which may be bullshit, is that they are learning a new system which is better suited to the Big 4 nations. But they need to stick to the system.

Eg. they probably could roll 4 lines and say 'go for it' and play firewagon hockey but are opting not to do this.

Like I say, might be bullshit and we're just not very good.

But you are correct, nothing impressive about Czechs at all so far except a lead. Just heard a post ding behind Dostal too.lol

Reactions: Puck Dogg

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd give the penalty shot to Jiricek just so the prospects part of HFboards could go crazy.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
LOL.. that penalty shot spent a lot of time on the goal line.lol

4th line goal from a guy I love but criticize for never actually scoring. Yup, off his skate because the stick never finishes.lol

Flek is our fastest skater and a hard worker so this isn't a knock but he just can't finish.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
What they are saying, which may be bullshit, is that they are learning a new system which is better suited to the Big 4 nations. But they need to stick to the system.

Eg. they probably could roll 4 lines and say 'go for it' and play firewagon hockey but are opting not to do this.

Most probably that is the reason why they haven't been scoring like expected. Would just think that they would adapt the style of play based on the opponent. Playing against Great Britain and Canada similarly does seem bit overkill.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Most probably that is the reason why they haven't been scoring like expected. Would just think that they would adapt the style of play based on the opponent. Playing against Great Britain and Canada similarly does seem bit overkill.
It does.. I would run 4 lines and so go for it. However, it's a new system and bad habits come out of that. It's now 3-0 and our lead is safe. Sweden beat Austria 3-1 yesterday. Coincidentally, we play Sweden tomorrow. So I get the logic. This is look like a nice patient Finn win.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Going to EHT... that is Jiricek's 3rd goal in something like 4 games? He didn't look great in first but is settling in nicely. I see zero impact of the knee injury which is nice. Something tells me he takes dryland training seriously.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
4th line again!

Really happy for Cernoch.. not sure anyone thought he'd make the team and he even made roster ahead of guys like Holik.

Dostal in net.. Cernoch on line 4 - definitely not a Czech coach.lol Kudos to the Dman that snuck in, kept it alive and passed it to Smejkal (another guy I htink could be a bottom 6 NHL player - big body, good on draws, physical.. average finisher).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, Vyborny used to be a real good NT player for you guys.

4-0, about what i Expected.
There is patient hockey and then there is this.lol As long as we avoid you in quarters, I'll be happy! (assuming we make quarters of course)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So we couldn't score against Denmark at the Olympics... Blumel in hotel and our team looked slow... now Blumel has 2 goals and an assist.lol Future bottom 6 NHLer IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad