WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
As if Yzerman would allow Edvinsson to go. :laugh:
I wonder if minnesota is gonna allow Wallstedt to go, second year in row. He was great last wc with

We would have won against Latvia with him in net

Regarding Berggren, 3 times he came, 3 times he was disrespect, sent home the first 2 times and third time benched in qf even when he was our best forward. I doubt he wanna come.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I wonder if minnesota is gonna allow Wallstedt to go, second year in row. He was great last wc with

Regarding Berggren, 3 times he came, 3 times he was disrespect, sent home the first 2 times and third time benched in qf even when he was our best forward. I doubt he wanna come.
My guess is that he will be in calder cup playoffs with jiricek and Kulich. Don't even get me started on Calder cup.above national team.lol

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Why wouldn't they allow Wallstedt to go?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Caps win after Detroit eliminates Philly, and with that they clinch.

NHL availability:

SJS (Eklund, Zetterlund)
CHI (A.Söderblom)
ANA (Carlsson, Lundeström, Lagesson, Lindström)
ARI
CGY (Backlund, Andersson, Kylington, Markström)

SEA (A.Larsson, Burakovsky)
MIN (Eriksson Ek, M.Johansson, Brodin, Gustavsson)
STL (Sundqvist)
CBJ (A.Nylander, Boqvist)
MTL
OTT (Brännström, A.Forsberg)
NJD (Bratt, Holtz)
BUF (Dahlin, Olofsson)
DET (Raymond, Edvinsson)
PIT (Rakell, Bemström, M.Pettersson, EK65)
PHI (Ersson, Lycksell)

Bolded: Injured/Free Agent/Rookie
Underlined: Accepted
Strikethrough: Declined/Not invited

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Why wouldn't they allow Wallstedt to go?
Maybe they want him in AHL playoffs this time, we can never trust an NHL team.

Caps win after Detroit eliminates Philly, and with that they clinch.

NHL availability:

SJS (Eklund, Zetterlund)
CHI (A.Söderblom)
ANA (Carlsson, Lundeström, Lagesson, Lindström)
ARI
CGY (Backlund, Andersson, Kylington, Markström)
SEA (A.Larsson, Burakovsky)
MIN (Eriksson Ek, M.Johansson, Brodin, Gustavsson)
STL (Sundqvist)
CBJ (A.Nylander, Boqvist)
MTL
OTT (Brännström, A.Forsberg)
NJD (Bratt, Holtz)
BUF (Dahlin, Olofsson)
DET (Raymond, Edvinsson)
PIT (Rakell, Bemström, M.Pettersson, EK65)
PHI (Ersson, Lycksell)

Bolded: Injured/Free Agent/Rookie
Underlined: Accepted
Strikethrough: Declined
You forgot Silfverberg. He was the captain last year and he already signed with Brynäs.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Maybe they want him in AHL playoffs this time, we can never trust an NHL team.

You forgot Silfverberg. He was the captain last year and he already signed with Brynäs.
Iowa's the worst team in the AHL and thus won't play in the playoffs.

No, I'm not forgetting Silfverberg, he's not in the NHL anymore so not included.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Dahlin reiterated that he's going to the WC's during locker cleanout today (not new, just did it in English to the press huddle this morning).

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Iowa's the worst team in the AHL and thus won't play in the playoffs.

No, I'm not forgetting Silfverberg, he's not in the NHL anymore so not included.
He played the entire season in NHL. But i dont want him on the roster. But im scared Hallam wants him.

Dahlin reiterated that he's going to the WC's during locker cleanout today (not new, just did it in English to the press huddle this morning).
There is Olofsson aswell but seems as he had a bad season and no contract for next season. Maybe he joins MoDo to play with his brother.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He played the entire season in NHL. But i dont want him on the roster. But im scared Hallam wants him.

There is Olofsson aswell but seems as he had a bad season and no contract for next season. Maybe he joins MoDO to play with his brother.

Olofsson didn't get asked last year either IIRC. With no contract, unless he goes back to Sweden (which I wouldn't be surprised by), I can't see him going. He could certainly use a win after a long, disappointing year.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Olofsson didn't get asked last year either IIRC. With no contract, unless he goes back to Sweden (which I wouldn't be surprised by), I can't see him going. He could certainly use a win after a long, disappointing year.
U wanna keep him?

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Yeah, I was hoping for Bratt to go. He is under contract and has only played one WB before were he was in a supporting role. This time he'd be the go-to guy offensively. And while he is probably on the best-on-best team right now, he is by no means a lock

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Bratt probably would be there injuryfree. Now when he has some battles he would have to get a YES from Devils. So, first guess its a "no"

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Som interviews with the Pittsburgh guys:

- Rakell talks about the tournament in Copenhagen being one of his bests hockey memories and would like to experience it again. But he has a recurring shoulder problem that he'd need to get checked up before accepting

- EK65 says he'd very much like to go. But he would take some days to evaluate how the body is feeling and talk with his family

- Pettersson said he'd also open to going, but he would take some days to evaluate how he feels physically and mentally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad