WC: WC 2016 all team: injury , family reasons , without a contract , etc.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Perry has been a pretty loyal player for Hockey Canada. Good for him. Marchand turned on the invitation last year I believe. There many players that Hockey Canada would clearly want (Giroux, Carter, Bergeron, Keith, Toews, Ekblad etc.) that nothing comes out about. Now that I think about it, I forgot to list Monahan (he was invited but turned it down).

Ultimately there isn't enough interest surrounding this tournament in Canada for there to be big news reports in many cases if a player refuses. People just don't care that much. There are also instances (Bergeron last year, Weber in the past) where Hockey Canada doesn't bother inviting its best available players for different reasons.

It obviously does not matter so much with such a depth. After so many refusals in 2010 czech teams were stacked in 2011,12,13. This year we are comming with just 4 Nhlers where only two of them play on regular basis, Sekac barely played and Jordan is on the edge of the CAR roster... we will see what happens.

I read an interview with slovenian guy Sabolic who is currently represetning his country in second division. He said I couldn't refuse, such a few players in Slovenia that I have to go :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad