WC: WC 2013 Goal Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyDwarf

May 5, 2013
Well, I think that Finland have very good goal song. I listened those other and they was pretty bad. Pop songs just are awful goal songs...

And I watching with my brother Finland vs Slovakia and crowd was singing goal song like me and my brother. Slovaks next to me wanted picture of me singing it and wanted to sing it also :)

Belenos

Dec 31, 2010
Biel, Switzerland
In a swiss newspaper article they said that the songs are choice of the players. That would explain why we here no Gotthard, DJ Bobo or Krokus songs for Switzerland and no DJ Ötzi for Austria.

That's not Norway's goal song. Do anybody know the real one? It sounds great but can't find it..

They did actually use "La det swinge" in the first match against Slovenia, but changed it before the match against Denmark (thank god!).

The song they are using now is "Heia Norge å, å", the official song made for the 1989 World Championship Group B played in Oslo and Lillehammer, where Norway finally was promoted to the top division after having played in Group B and occasionally in Group C since 1966.

The song was written, composed and performed by Kjetil Kjelle, with long-time NRK sports announcer Jon Herwig Carlsen singing as well. Team Norway sings the chorus.

Despite the song's age (with all the players mentioned in the song long retired), its still used a lot at international games even today (who doesn't love 80s music? :P ).

A better version of the song:

Last edited:

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
In a swiss newspaper article they said that the songs are choice of the players. That would explain why we here no Gotthard, DJ Bobo or Krokus songs for Switzerland and no DJ Ötzi for Austria.

Obviously no team is going to choose DJ Bobo for its goal song, that would be the ultimate way to motivate the opponent's goalie. :laugh:

I wonder if anyone on the Swiss team suggested an Eluveitie song, I could see the intro of Inis Mona used as a goal song. Or maybe they keep it for team Wales? :D

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
At least it ain't DJ Bobo :laugh:

Oh please... Don't remind me of that abomination :laugh:
Just as I thought I forgot about him... :shakehead

Obviously no team is going to choose DJ Bobo for its goal song, that would be the ultimate way to motivate the opponent's goalie. :laugh:

I wonder if anyone on the Swiss team suggested an Eluveitie song, I could see the intro of Inis Mona used as a goal song. Or maybe they keep it for team Wales? :D

Uis Elveti would be oddly fitting. At least in terms of lyrics. Somehow. :laugh:

Sneaking Lynx

May 12, 2013
Finland
To everyone: France does NOT use Daft Punk's Robot Rock as their goalsong, they did in the first match they played in this tournament but changed it. You can hear the current song play in the background in this video at around 25 seconds. If anyone recognizes it please let me know, oh and the same goes for Latvia's goalsong! :)
Here's the link to France's goalsong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36vVIER47k

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
To everyone: France does NOT use Daft Punk's Robot Rock as their goalsong, they did in the first match they played in this tournament but changed it. You can hear the current song play in the background in this video at around 25 seconds. If anyone recognizes it please let me know, oh and the same goes for Latvia's goalsong! :)
Here's the link to France's goalsong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36vVIER47k

France's goal song is "Allumer le feu" by Johnny Hallyday. If you're not familiar with him, consider yourself lucky :D

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
For slovenia.. not 100% cause i watced only one game and i cant remmember... but this was for previus tournaments.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Finland should make this their goalsong. Would be 10x better than that Teräsbetoni bs.

Sneaking Lynx

May 12, 2013
Finland
"France's goal song is "Allumer le feu" by Johnny Hallyday. If you're not familiar with him, consider yourself lucky"

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D

I havent recognized Latvia's goalsong that can be heard in the background in this video:

If you or anyone in here knows, could you please let me know? I appreciate it a lot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad