Confirmed with Link: WBS sign Merth, Stevenson, Minella and Manderson

Gwydyr

Allons-y Alonso
Jul 12, 2013
Manino, Merth, Minella and Manderson. Guess we're stockpiling up on M&Ms. Nothing wrong with that.

Gwydyr

Allons-y Alonso
Jul 12, 2013

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Merth is a solid AHL depth defenseman and Minella is a really good minor league energy guy, I haven't seen enough of Manderson or Stevenson to comment on them. Aside from the fact that Denver Manderson is a manly name.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Barring total meltdowns in training camp, Hartzell will play tandem with Zatkoff in WBS, with Mannino starting in Wheeling unless Montreal sends down someone better.

The others will mostly play for the Nailers as well. Stevenson, Minella and Manderson are pure depth (and the latter missed the entire last season with, IIRC, a concussion). Merth is a very good depth defenseman who did well everytime he got called up to WBS but sheer numbers should push him back down again. He was the Nailers' captain last season, most likely he'll be that again plus be the first WBS call-up on D.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What's the point of signing a 24 year old goalie prospect if we're not going to at least give him a chance at a 1A/1B situation in WBS (or even just WBS backup)? Maybe he'll crack the NHL lineup as a backup when he's 32 years old :shakehead

If Hartzell can't beat out Mannino for the AHL spot he's no prospect.

Fire Shero*

Over/under on one of these guys playing with Malkin by Christmas

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Well, seeing as how none of them were signed to NHL contracts, I'd have to say the chances were pretty low.

Never mind the fact that two of these guys are defensemen and one is a center, they're going to all play with Malkin and I'm outraged.

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
Barring total meltdowns in training camp, Hartzell will play tandem with Zatkoff in WBS, with Mannino starting in Wheeling unless Montreal sends down someone better.

Manderson missed the entire last season with, IIRC, a concussion.

Chances are Delmas will be in the Wheel again, unless he can finally be ready to be Hamiltons backup. What happened with Darling, did he go overseas?

Im curious to watch Manderson this year. He had a great rookie year in Wheeling, tough break last season.

Minella is scary.

Yeah, i was at one of the games he was hurt. Saw him walking around in a suit. He is pure beast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad