AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: season is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I thought Bjorkqvist went to Finland or something.

I'm gettin' all these D-tier prospects mixed up, man.
No, you're right, this is about retaining his rights should he ever come back. Which, now I think about it, might have been the key to him getting qualified. Keeping his rights on the 1 in a 1000 chance he improves enough overseas costs them absolutely nothing.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
WB/S has a lot of openings all of a sudden.

Hallander - Poulin - Puustinen
Svejkovsky - Gruden - Nylander*
Ansons - Frasca - Legare
Devane* - Glover - Andonovski
Houde

XXXX - Fedun*
Ortiz - Maniscalco
Hanus - Swoyer

Lindberg / Gauthier / Nappier

* denotes veteran status.

Probably need another C to push Gruden down because he’s not a 2C and like 2 LD and 1 RD. Probably a goalie too. Hopefully keep Robert but I could see someone giving him an NHL 2-way deal if we don’t.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Ansons - Frasca - Legare
Houde

XXXX - Fedun*
Ortiz - Maniscalco
Hanus - Swoyer

Probably need another C to push Gruden down because he’s not a 2C and like 2 LD and 1 RD. Probably a goalie too. Hopefully keep Robert but I could see someone giving him an NHL 2-way deal if we don’t.

+Olson

Also, just because they didn't get a QO doesn't mean they won't re-sign with WBS/PGH. Though all signs point to that being the case.

Reactions: Jacob

deakka

Nov 6, 2009

Ansons - Frasca - Legare
Houde

XXXX - Fedun*
Ortiz - Maniscalco
Hanus - Swoyer

Thats a lot youngsters. Probably will get some vets in FA tho. The ones that has some NHL experience and always gets called up first so we can whine about them blocking the younger guys 😅

Reactions: Jacob

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
How do people think the goalie situation shakes out? This seems most likely to me.

WBS
Tokarski
Lindberg

ECHL
Nappier
Gauthier

Finland
Blomqvist

Reactions: Peat

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Lizotte & Reinke inked AHL deals, so that probably rounds out the D. They can always sign them to two-way deals if we need to call them up.

Reactions: Solution

Fordy

May 28, 2008
what was lindberg's injury that was so severe it kept him out all year? lasting effects?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Having KHL and SM-Liiga experience is good too in terms of connecting with Euro prospects a little better.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

DaveMuBai

Apr 14, 2020
Sorry to hijack this thread for a sec, just wondering if anyone has a WBS pens jersey from the early 2000’s they’d like to sell? I’m looking specifically for the 2001 white Mario jersey/blank, any size, though I’d prefer 48 or 52. Willing to pay top dollar. Not looking for replica sizing: S/M/L etc. I’ll take a look at anything though. Thanks!

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry to hijack this thread for a sec, just wondering if anyone has a WBS pens jersey from the early 2000’s they’d like to sell? I’m looking specifically for the 2001 white Mario jersey/blank, any size, though I’d prefer 48 or 52. Willing to pay top dollar. Not looking for replica sizing: S/M/L etc. I’ll take a look at anything though. Thanks!
Id put an eBay search email notification on. They pop up on there all the time

Reactions: Randy Butternubs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad