WB Announces Potential Supernatural Spin-off Show

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I like the casting so I really hope this spin-off happens.

from ew.com:

Supernatural-Saison-10-hibbing-911.jpg

Following Sunday's Supernatural panel at San Diego Comic-Con, the WB finally confirmed that there will be a backdoor pilot for a potential spin-off, titled Wayward Sisters, in the show's upcoming 13th season.

We already knew the potential spin-off would center on Jody Mills (Kim Rhodes) and a group of troubled young women orphaned by supernatural tragedy, but now we have confirmation that Jody will be joined by Donna Hanscum (Briana Buckmaster), Claire (Kathryn Newton), and Alex (Katherine Ramdeen).

Furthermore, they announced new character Patience Turner (Clark Backo), " a high school over-achiever whose life is turned upside down when she discovers she's a powerful psychic, a gift she inherited from her estranged grandmother, Missouri Moseley " , according to a press release. And yes, that means Moseley, a character from season 1 (played by Lorette Devine) will make an appearance in an upcoming episode.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Yeah, not sure if this is going to work out.

The main series is already out of ideas and the only thing that's keeping me interested are the dynamics of Sam, Dean, and Cas.

Jody Mills was a good side character, but I wouldn't exactly call her a fan favorite with enough draw to have her own spinoff.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The show has evolved so much from mostly about hunting the things that go bump in the night to much more powerful beings being the main focus with the occasional "normal" hunt being added in.

The dynamic between the two shows could be interesting, I am still wondering how many more seasons Supernatural has left. I do really like the Jody character.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
didn't they try to make a vampire tribe spinoff a couple of years ago?
But anyway, it's probably not a good idea to do a spinoff of a show that's 13 seasons in.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
didn't they try to make a vampire tribe spinoff a couple of years ago?
But anyway, it's probably not a good idea to do a spinoff of a show that's 13 seasons in.

They were but cancelled it right after the backdoor episode.

We all know the real money would have been in a Charlie spinoff but we're not allowed to have good things. Plus Felicia Day's busy doing all sorts of nerdy stuff.

Last edited:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It was probably a television record that a show that's been on 13 years didn't have a spinoff.

Edit: I just checked it, Gunsmoke didn't have a spinoff until it's 15th season or so....

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The show jumped the shark way back in season 6. A men of letters spin off would be neat, provided they left the soapy drama crap out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad