Injury Report: Wayne Simmonds, named an alternate captain (w/Streit), practiced MON and TUE (foot)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
We do have a large contingent of players who have just not missed games due to injury recently:

Simmonds
Voracek
Giroux
Couturier
Umberger
Read
Coburn
L. Schenn
Streit
MacDonald
Del Zotto

These guys have all played over 190 games in the last three years... there are only 202 players in the NHL in that time who have played that many... we have 11 of them, when we should have 6-7.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
We do have a large contingent of players who have just not missed games due to injury recently:

Simmonds
Voracek
Giroux
Couturier
Umberger
Read
Coburn
L. Schenn
Streit
MacDonald
Del Zotto

These guys have all played over 190 games in the last three years... there are only 202 players in the NHL in that time who have played that many... we have 11 of them, when we should have 6-7.

Yeah but we've also had Grossmann, Meszaros, Pronger, Timonen, Downie, and others miss significant time with injuries. I don't know how you could track it, but we're probably above average in terms of regular NHLers missing significant amounts of time. It's all random.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeah but we've also had Grossmann, Meszaros, Pronger, Timonen, Downie, and others miss significant time with injuries. I don't know how you could track it, but we're probably above average in terms of regular NHLers missing significant amounts of time. It's all random.

I do believe some players are more injury prone than others... but anyone can go down with a freak injury, look at Pronger, Kimmo... heck, the only games Giroux has missed in his NHL career are when Simmonds kneed him in the head! Though that is more down to him being so competitive and having a high pain threshold.

Last year we were near the bottom of the NHL in man games lost... but the year before we were close to the top I reckon.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I do believe some players are more injury prone than others... but anyone can go down with a freak injury, look at Pronger, Kimmo... heck, the only games Giroux has missed in his NHL career are when Simmonds kneed him in the head! Though that is more down to him being so competitive and having a high pain threshold.

Last year we were near the bottom of the NHL in man games lost... but the year before we were close to the top I reckon.

Yep, only Florida had more man games lost in 2013.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad