Way too early 2022-2023 NHL mock draft (with comparisons)

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Way too early 2023 NHL mock draft (with short write up & comparisons)

For my third draft write up, I decided to keep things similar to last year. I am putting this out as an early look at what I think may end up being the top 32 players selected in the stacked 2023 draft. By no means am I a scout, rather a prospect aficionado. I do this for my own pleasure, and hope you find some value in reading it. The write ups are both a stylistic and skill level comparison.

1. Chicago Blackhawks - Connor Bedard – C

And almost like it was written in the stars, the Chicago Blackhawks pick the lucky ball and get to draft Connor Bedard. We’ve seen the highlights and they are a delight to watch. Bedard is an uber talented, goal scoring machine. Everything he displays offensively is elite. Passing, shooting, skating, stick handling, vision, all of it. Moreover, he plays with an edge and is a player who wants to win at all costs. He has the ability to completely turn around the Blackhawks franchise and would be able to step in and make a difference from day 1. The single knock on him is that he is slightly undersized, but if you’ve watched him play, you’d see that nobody big or small has been able to contain him thus far, and I highly doubt it will change at the NHL level.

NHL comparison: Ultra talented, franchise center - Connor Mcdavid/Patrick Kane hybrid

2. Arizona Coyotes – Matvei Michkov – LW/RW

The Coyotes are in full on rebuild mode, and though they miss out on Bedard, they can afford to wait for what looks like the NHL’s next big goal scorer. Michkov has everything you are looking for in a franchise winger. He displays unbelievable creativity with the puck and one of, if not the best, shots in the entire draft. He can pick corners almost at will and has scored at every single level he has played. Despite all this offensive prowess, Michkov also excels defensively through his offense. Weird to say, yes, but his ability to hold the puck indefinitely tilts the ice in his teams favor repeatedly. What’s the knock? There is none. We have a two headed monster at the top of this draft and both players will most certainly be the faces of their franchises going forward. The Coyotes can afford to wait for him to come over after his contract is done in the KHL and boy will it be worth it.

NHL comparison: Top tier, goal scoring, first line winger – Kirill Kaprizov

3. San Jose Sharks - Adam Fantilli – C

The San Jose Sharks look to add a top line center to compliment Tomas Hertl. Here they go with the consensus pick Adam Fantilli. Fantilli is a physically mature center that utilizes his speed, reach and strength to simply overpower opposing defenders. He works hard, has a powerful shot and can absolutely fly out there. He will regularly use head fakes and tilts to throw defenders off and drive straight to the net. He has a great stick in tight and can score from just about anywhere due to his heavy shot. There are times where I notice that he makes questionable decisions in the offensive zone and tries to overplay what could be a simple dump and chase or pass. Either way, this is nitpicking, and he is overall a fantastic center.

NHL comparison: Elite, powerful, top line center – Jack Eichel

4. Montreal Canadiens – Zach Benson - LW

With their first pick in the 2023 NHL draft, the Habs head out west and choose buzz-saw winger Zach Benson. He is an ultra intelligent, high motor winger that can drive a line himself. He processes the game like few prospects I’ve ever seen and gives absolutely nothing back on the defensive side of things. He has sublime playmaking ability, great skating both in terms of stride and acceleration, and is as much a threat shooting as he is dishing the puck. He is another player that plays like every game is his last, always displaying max effort when on the ice. The only knock on him is size, but if there’s one team that is witnessing stardom in a tiny package, it is the Montreal Canadiens. (See Cole Caufield) He is my personal favorite player in the draft and a fantastic get for the Habs.

NHL comparison: Outstanding, spirited, top 6 winger – Jake Guentzel

5. Buffalo Sabres - Brayden Yager – C

The Sabres look to add to their 1-2 punch at center and pick goal scoring center Brayden Yager. Yager has been a highly touted prospect for quite some time now and it is incredibly easy to see why. Yager can score almost at will as he boasts top tier shooting ability. He displays a wide array of shots including a fantastic one timer and can also dish the puck effectively. He is a positional player and hangs around areas of the ice where the puck tends to run through. His skating is average therefore if he can work on sharpening it and up his overall work ethic, he could be a legitimate number 1 center in the NHL.

NHL comparison: Excellent, goal scoring, top 6 center – John Tavares

6. Anaheim Ducks - Dalibor Dvorsky – C

The ducks look to add their future 2nd line center behind Zegras and choose Slovakian prospect Dalibor Dvorsky. He is a well-rounded center that excels in the offensive zone. He boasts a powerful shot, is a heady playmaker and displays a decent work ethic. I do find that he tends to do a little too much with the puck at times, but this is something that comes with players that are confident in their abilities. If he can up his intensity level and show a little more consistency, he could end up even more of handful than he already is. Dvorsky would slot in as a perfect compliment to Zegras and give them a solid 1-2 punch of offensively gifted playmakers down the middle. He has star potential.

NHL comparison: Sharp shooting, playmaking, top 6 center – Mika Zibanejad

7. Seattle Kraken – Cameron Allen – RHD

With their center woes already taken care of with their previous two picks in Beniers and Wright, the Kraken look to add what they think is the top defensemen in the 2023 draft. Cameron Allen is a right shot, well rounded defensemen who plays a mistake free game. He doesn’t have the same wow factor as someone like Gulyayev, but he would be a perfect piece for a team looking for a top 3 lock on D. Allen keeps his head up at all times and utilizes his silky skating to walk the line in the offensive zone and unleash his powerful slap shot. On the defensive side, he plays a smart, aggressive game for a defender that is 5’11”. A fitting pick for the Kraken.

NHL comparison: Excellent, minute-munching, top 4 D – Josh Morrissey

8. Philadelphia Flyers - Leo Carlsson – C

The Philadelphia Flyers have been stuck in a half rebuild/half win now mode for a few years now. Questionable management decisions have left them relatively empty in terms of quality prospects so they will be ecstatic to pick the best ranked Swedish player in the draft. Leo Carlsson is a dangerous skater that plays as complete a game as you will find in this draft. He is a center that controls play, maintains possession for long periods at a time and generally just dominates in both zones. You will rarely catch him panicking and his vision of the play allows him to always be one step ahead. He is already up to 10 points in 12 games in the SHL as a 17-year-old…If he can bring it every game, he may very well rival the big 3 of this draft.

NHL comparison: Talented, complete, top 6 center – Elias Lindholm

9. Winnipeg Jets – Mikhael Gulyayev - LHD

The Jets are extremely thin on D so they draft what may be the highest ceiling defender in the entire draft. Gulyayev is not the largest defender at a modest 5’10”, however he controls the ice like he is 6’5”. He displays incredible mobility and boasts a heavy, powerful stride when transitioning the puck up ice. His skating serves him both in the offensive zone and defensive zone. He plays with an active stick, breaks up plays with regularity all while always looking to flip the script and push play back towards the other end. He has no hesitation in his game and plays with the confidence of a 10-year NHL vet. He would be an excellent pick here and a player that could step in the lineup soon as he is already playing against men in the KHL.

NHL comparison: Quality, smooth skating, top pairing D – Devon Toews

10. Vancouver Canucks – Calum Ritchie – C

The Canucks look to the OHL and grab what I believe will be the first player picked from an otherwise weak OHL crop. Calum Ritchie is a hypnotizing playmaker with decent size. From what I have seen, his shot is wicked accurate, but he tends to gravitate towards passing even when he should be shooting. The good thing is he may be one of the best passers in this draft. He has an innate ability to know where his teammates are at all times and is often seen making tape to tape no look passes. He drives possession in the offensive zone and can operate the half wall or the point effectively on the power play. He is also quite slippery despite his good frame. I would like to see him play a bit more of an aggressive game.

NHL comparison: Sharp, playmaking, top 6 center – David Krejci

11. Columbus Blue Jackets - Nate Danielson - C

The Blue Jackets are thin at C and are looking for players to plug in sooner rather than later. Danielson fits the bill perfectly as he was almost eligible for the 22’ draft and already boasts a very good 6’1 – 190 lbs pro frame. Danielson is a no flash, efficient center that plays and thinks the game the right way. He is constantly looking to push play forward, supports his defensemen and kills penalties effectively. He plays a winning game. I debated interchanging picks 11 and 12 as both players profile similarly but decided to keep Danielson at 11 as he projects as a center at the next level.

NHL comparison: Excellent, defensive, middle 6 center – Phillip Danault

12. Detroit Red Wings - Otto Stenberg – LW

The Red wings love two things: Off the board picks and Swedes. They do as expected and grab Swedish winger Otto Stenberg. Like Danielson before him, Stenberg has a very high floor and you can see how his game would be effective at the NHL level. He does everything at an above average level and has great compete. He is very involved in the play and plays an in-your-face, high intensity game. Though his offensive game doesn’t necessarily stand out, the Red Wings could use depth on the wings and Stenberg is as sure a bet as any in this draft to end up a foundational middle 6 winger - with room to grow. He plays playoff hockey all the time.

NHL comparison: Energetic, dependable, middle 6 winger – Artturi Lehkonen

13. New York Rangers - Eduard Sale – LW

With their first pick in the draft, the Rags go BPA and choose winger Eduard Sale. After absolutely torching the Czech U20 league and putting up a modest 3 points in 10 games in the Czechia, Sale will look to build his game against adults this year. Eduard is an extremely deceptive winger who can take over games by slowing play down to his own pace. His hockey IQ is off the charts which allows him to manipulate defenders with his positioning and break defenses down. He’s got good size at 6’1” and is a dual shot/pass threat. I can see an NHL power play running through him. He is my second favorite prospect in this draft.

NHL comparison: Smart, playmaking, top 6 winger – William Nylander

14. Washington Capitals - Charlie Stramel – C

With Kuznetsov and Backstrom both in their 30’s the Capitals will need to start looking for top 6 center prospects for the future. Enter Stramel. He has a great combination of smarts and strength and has effectively moved from the wing to center. He plays a straightforward, power game and drives the middle of the ice effectively. Though nothing except his size stands out, I believe this is a good thing in his case as he does everything decently well and his size on top of that will supplement his transition to the next level. He’s got plenty of time to work on his acceleration and shot at the university of Wisconsin, where he will be playing this year.

NHL comparison: Old school, strong, middle 6 center – Boone Jenner

15. New Jersey Devils - Kasper Halttunen - RW

The Devils head out to Finland and choose the highest ranked Finnish player in the draft. Halttunen is a nasty, aggressive power winger that utilizes his frame effectively in the offensive zone. He isn’t afraid to hang around the front of the net and plays an effective cycle game down low thanks to his freakish size. He already weighs 210 lbs and stands at 6’3” with a late June birthday so he may end up even larger than he already is. He would also compliment the Devils prospect pool very well as they are packed with skilled, smaller players. If his offensive game doesn’t flourish at the NHL level, I can still see him being an effective bottom 6 winger.

NHL comparison: Fierce, enormous, middle 6 winger – Lawson Crouse

16. Ottawa Senators - Andrew Cristall – LW

The Senators boast one of the tallest NHL rosters in the NHL so they won’t shy away picking Kelowna Rockets winger Andrew Cristall 16th overall. Cristall is a smallish forward with incredible offensive awareness. He has the ability to slow down the pace of the game, similarly to 2020 NHL draft pick Cole Perfetti, and pull defenders towards him, freeing up his teammates with regularity. He utilizes his high hockey IQ and puck smarts to produce offense and shows good effort defensively, which is very important considering his size. The Senators can insulate him well and that should provide him the opportunity to focus on doing the things he does so well. He is also off to a torrid start this year.

NHL comparison: Diminutive, high scoring, top 6 winger – Jonathan Marchessault

17. Los Angeles Kings - Colby Barlow – RW

The Kings pick a player you can never have enough of. Colby Barlow is a goal scoring power winger that picks up speed extremely fast and can absolutely overwhelm defenders in transition. Barlow is quite nimble for a 200 pound player and plays a meat and potatoes, NHL game. He has the ability to both score off the rush or dump the puck and get to it first. Defensemen must always look back if he does the latter as he has no issue throwing his body around. To touch on the previously mentioned point, since he gets to top speed so quickly, defenders must keep an eye on him as he is regular breakaway threat. He is my third favorite prospect in the draft and another great addition to an already stacked LA kings prospect cupboard.

NHL comparison: Fast, powerful, middle 6 winger – Adrian Kempe

18. Boston Bruins - Riley Heidt – C/LW

The Bruins run to the stage to choose Prince George Cougars center, Riley Heidt. Heidt plays an effective north-south game and uses his above average speed to keep defenders on their heels. He doesn’t display that much finesse, but his style of play is something that is very projectable at higher levels as he already plays a pro style game. I believe he has the floor to be a top 9 forward and push much higher come year-end if he can continue developing as he has. I debated placing him higher, but some of the other forwards seemed like better fits for the teams drafting them. The Bruins will be very happy with this pick at 19th overall.

NHL comparison:
Quality, two way, middle 6 center – Bo Horvat

19. St. Louis Blues - Matthew Wood – RW

At 19th overall, the blues add the highly touted Matthew Wood. For starters, Wood is a goal scorer first and foremost. He displays fantastic shooting technique and regularly picks corners on goalies with ease. He is also quite good around the net and has scored quite a few goals off tips and rebounds. The downside I see with this pick is that Wood rarely utilizes his size in a league where he is much bigger than the competition. I regularly saw him waiting for the puck to come to him rather then driving the corners and bodying opposing forwards, which he has the size to do. I put a lot of emphasis on compete and skating and therefore I have Wood ranked lower than most. Still, he is a worthy pick at 19th overall.

NHL comparison: Goal scoring, top 6 or bust winger – Owen Tippett

20. New York Islanders - Lukas Dragicevic – RHD

The Isles are a squad that hasn’t had the opportunity to draft very high in recent years, so their prospect pool is severely lacking in talent. Enter 6’2” RHD defender Dragicevic. He plays a smooth game from the back end and loves to act as a 4th forward in the offensive zone. His decision making defensively is questionable, but his hockey IQ offensively stands out immensely. He is always looking to transition the puck up ice with a long-range pass and boasts an effective and accurate point shot. He needs to work on his overall game considerably, but at 20th overall, he is entirely worth the risk for a team like the Islanders.

NHL comparison: Aggressive, high scoring, top 4 defender – Justin Schultz

21. Calgary Flames - William Smith – C

William Smith, a product of the USNTDP team, let his squad last year in points and assists. He is a natural point producer with a slick shot – that he doesn’t use enough – and high-end puck skills. He hovers in little pockets of ice and jumps on loose pucks with consistency. He is a C that drives play and loves to hold on to the puck. I’d like to see him trust his shot more and work on his skating. Overall, I am a little lower on him than most as I believe he doesn’t really stand out much in the tape I’ve watched, however, he consistently finds himself on the score sheet, similar to last year’s prospect, Isaac Howard. He will play out his junior career in the NCAA so that should give him ample time to round out his game before he sees play in the NHL.

NHL comparison: Skilled, point producing, middle 6 center – Dylan Strome

22. Pittsburgh Penguins - Quentin Musty – LW

The Pens have drafted a comparably built player in 2019 in Samuel Poulin, but the similarities end there. Quentin Musty is the 1st overall draft pick in the 2021 OHL draft. He built his reputation on the fact that he displays such finesse and trickery with his play, something you don’t see so often in prospects built the way he is. I do, however, have my reservations about Musty. Though his toolkit is filled with praises, he is a player that lacks drive and work ethic. He is often seen floating when he doesn’t have the puck on his stick, and this is a major red flag in my book. The good thing is with proper coaching, these habits can be challenged and replaced. He is a player I would classify as boom or bust, fortunately for him, the boom will have teams drooling this late in the draft.

NHL comparison – Gifted, lackadaisical, top 6 or bust winger – David Perron

23. Minnesota Wild - Ethan Gauthier – RW

His offensive numbers last year didn’t jump out, but he is having a very productive start to the year. The former 1st overall pick in the QMJHL draft, Gauthier is as safe a bet as you can find this late in the draft to make the NHL. Now whether that is in the top 6 or top 9 will really come down to how he works on his game. The RW has a good head on his shoulders and thinks the game the right way but doesn’t really have any other skill that catches the eye. I think he projects better defensively at the highest level but with proper offensive development and better deployment this year, he could end up leaving clubs that pass on him scratching their heads wondering what could have been. He is the type of player that coaches love.

NHL comparison: Nimble, heady, middle 6 winger – Bryan Rust

24. Vegas Golden Knights - Caden Price – LHD

With a bare prospect cupboard, the Knights are in dire need of talent injection into their farm system. They had out west and select left-handed defensemen Caden Price. Price is a well built, two-way defenseman, in a draft that is lacking D’s overall. This could help his stock rise in and of itself, however his increasing offensive production to start the year and fantastic showing at the Hlinka have supplemented that fact and help push him into first round consideration. Price skates like the wind and his offensive game is evolving at an exciting pace. He is also no slouch in is own end. He could push for a spot in the top 15 by the time the draft rolls around.

NHL comparison: Swift skating, offensively inclined, top 4 defender – John Klingberg

25. New York Rangers - Gavin Brindley – C/RW

The Rangers currently boast a very young and talented team so they are one I can see going for a high upside pick. Brindley is just that. He is a smallish forward with a feisty, never quit attitude. Those words are usually synonymous with bottom 6 forwards, but Brindley is just the opposite. He regularly slips through defenders with head fakes and tilts and shows zero hesitation driving the net. He is equally good at shooting the puck as he is dishing it and thrives in the offensive zone.

NHL comparison: Energetic, offensively gifted, middle 6 winger – Travis Konecny

26. Montreal Canadiens – Theo Lindstein - LHD

The Canadiens run up to the podium to grab something their prospect pool needs more of. Lindstein is a smooth skating, plus level passer that can strut the blueline and distribute the puck efficiently. The last left-handed D of this mock draft, he is a player with a high floor, evidenced by his play in the SHL at such a young age. However, this does not offset the fact that I believe he has a lot of room to grow into a legitimate top pairing defender. He is underrated defensively and should be trusted with more minutes this year. One to keep an eye on as a riser and a fantastic get for the Habs at 26th overall

NHL comparison: Smooth skating, reliable, top 4 defensemen – Jonas Brodin

27. Chicago Blackhawks – Oliver Moore – C

With their second pick of the 1st round, the Blackhawks add another speedy offensive center. Moore, playing for both the U17 and U18 NTDP squads, has been a consistent offensive scorer. He moves quicky and with purpose to open pockets of ice to unleash his shot. His anticipation in the offensive zone is excellent. Also, his wrister and one timer are equally deadly, and he takes little time to get the puck off his stick. He will be able to hone his overall game at the University of Minnesota.

NHL comparison: Clever, middle 6, scoring center – Ryan Strome

28. Colorado Avalanche - Koehn Ziemmer - RW

Colorado heads out west and picks a high upside pick in Koehn Zimmer. He’s off the very hot start in the WHL and will have the rest of the season to really show what he can do as he will be given every opportunity to shine on a very bad Prince George team. Zimmer is an offensive catalyst that can both score and pass efficiently. He also stickhandles very well and displays a knack for being in the right place at the right time. The Avalanche have the luxury to let him develop in the minors and this could prove to pay off big in the long run if stays on an upward trajectory.

NHL comparison: Efficient, offensive, middle six winger – Connor Brown

29. Edmonton Oilers - Daniil But – LW/RW

Edmonton heads to the Russian junior league and picks enormous offensive winger But. With a name like that, you can bet your top dollar that defensemen are falling flat on their butts trying to strip the puck off Daniil. Though he doesn’t quite take advantage of his size, Daniil makes up for it with sneaky good offensive skills and a polished defensive game. He is more of a complementary piece on a team. Physical intangibles are there, but I think he is a prospect that will have a hard time carving a roll in the NHL if his offense doesn’t develop substantially.

NHL comparison: Complementary, defensively responsible, bottom six winger - Zemgus Girgensons

30. Carolina Hurricane - Alex Ciernik – LW/RW

The Hurricanes, who I personally believe have been the number 1 drafting team over the last 3 years, have another excellent prospect fall right into their lap. Going BPA has worked out for them in the past and this year should be no different. Ciernik plays a frenzied game, constantly pushing the pace and using his plus level skating to create offense off the rush. He can play both sides and would be a good fit as an offense first speedster on a teams 3rd line

NHL comparison: Speedy, offensive, middle 6 winger - Ilya Mikheyev

31. Toronto Maple Leafs - Hunter Brzustewicz – RHD

With the Leafs set upfront for the foreseeable future, they peek into their own backyard and choose Brzustewicz with their only pick in the first round. Hunter is an unspectacular defenseman who has regularly played behind the likes of 2022 prospects Lane Hutson and Seamus Casey. He keeps tight gaps & has solid defensive instincts. They can afford to let him marinate for a few years with the Kitchener Rangers before requiring his services. We will see how his offensive game grows; however he hasn’t shown anything worth mentioning at this point in time.

NHL comparison: Sturdy, simple, bottom pair defensive defensemen – Justin Braun

32. Nashville Predators - Ryan Leonard – RW

With the last pick in the 2023 draft, the Preds snag the younger brother of NHL player John Leonard. Like his sibling, Leonard plays a game centered around versatility and a never quit attitude. He is relentless on the forecheck and can be a real headache to deal with for opposing defenders. On the offensive side, he is developing nicely and is off to a fantastic start. A good value pick at 32 as he seems like the type to fit in perfectly on a teams bottom 6.

NHL comparison: Do-it-all, bottom 6 forward – Jesper Fast

Last edited:

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Nice write up, clearly you put a good chunk of time into it.

Biggest thing they jumps out to me is Benson at 4th, I can’t imagine the Habs passing over a big #1C like Carlsson at that pick.
I 100% understand, and I may get laughed at here, but I believe in Suzuki / Dach being the habs top two centers going forward. I think in 2 years time they will be a very solid duo.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I 100% understand, and I may get laughed at here, but I believe in Suzuki / Dach being the habs top two centers going forward. I think in 2 years time they will be a very solid duo.
I don’t think that’s crazy at all. I think that should actually be a pretty solid duo. For me I think Carlsson or more so Yager could actually look really on one of their wings or vice versa. To me and my very center biased thinking, I think Benson is a step down from the other two (even if not a bit one).

Reactions: alasania94

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This is the deepest draft of all time if these NHL comparison's hold up.

I'm also a little offended the Sabre's are drafting as high as 5, that would be a huge step backwards for this young team trying to build off the last part of last season.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017

I'm also a little offended the Sabre's are drafting as high as 5, that would be a huge step backwards for this young team trying to build off the last part of last season.

It is a comparison based off a mix of style and skill with the former being heavier. Take it with a grain of salt!

as for the ranking, it was based off a tankathon spin! disappointed the habs ended up 4th but it is what it is.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
its way too early but for me if The Habs aren't in the mix for that top 3 I see them taking Dvorsky if he is available. If they are 6-10 I want C. Allen

Good effort though and thanks

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Wow arizona taking mickov makes a lot of sense eh. Won't have to play in that embarrassment of an arena either

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Would rather go eith Yager at 4

Appreciate the effort snd the time you out into this

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
its way too early but for me if The Habs aren't in the mix for that top 3 I see them taking Dvorsky if he is available. If they are 6-10 I want C. Allen

Good effort though and thanks
I’d love Allen if we pick between 6-10. Mobile, physical. A bit like Guhle but more offense I think

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
I don’t think that’s crazy at all. I think that should actually be a pretty solid duo. For me I think Carlsson or more so Yager could actually look really on one of their wings or vice versa. To me and my very center biased thinking, I think Benson is a step down from the other two (even if not a bit one).
I understand you point of view but i would love to see Dach play on the wing with Caufield and Suzuki. if it is the case, i would go for Carlsson or Yager but if they see Dach as a center -Benson becomes a very interesting pick

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Wow arizona taking mickov makes a lot of sense eh. Won't have to play in that embarrassment of an arena either
Embarrassment,you can say that again. The sad sack franchise can't even have capacity crowd. If that doesn't scream get the f...outta the desert and move to Quebec what does. Cripes Arizona is a blotch that will never go away not with Uncle Buttcrack Bettman at the controls

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Sorry to say but Arizona doesn't deserve a player like Michkov. If the 'Yotes do get get a chance to draft Michkov how long before he wants out of that mess?

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
Interesting read! Thanks for your work on it. Not sure the Habs are going to draft top 4 :( If they did, I'd rather Carlsson (we can have some small guys but seems like a playoff risk to go with too many. We have some small high-end looking prospects coming up like Sean Farrell, Filip Mesar, Lane Hutson). Also not sure Dach is going to take over that 2C position. But early results for this team suggest we may be drafting outside the top 10..

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't think Habs take Benson at 4. They already have ton of small offensive forward prospects s. Caufield, Mesar, Roy.

Ritchie or Smith probably who they grab.

With Florida pick probably Ziemmer.

Habs likely have a few more picks by trade deadline. They are projected to be sellers

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Fantilli would be the Coyotes choice if they are lucky to pick 2nd, partly because of the Russian factor, partly for playing center, and that his value has increased so far this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad