Way Too Early 2018 NHL Mock Draft

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
99% sure it's Andrei Svechnikov.

Also, please draft Nando Eggenberger Leafs. Just the thought of Babcock having to say that name with a straight face makes it all worth it.

Pssht. Babs can say anything with a straight face.

"Ehhh, I thought Eggy had a great game. He was realgud down low and ehhh, you know *brow furrow* he's the typa kid that knows howta make it in this league so uhhhhh we expect him to keep it up and ehh come out just as hard next game. That's the gameplan for Eggy right now *brow furrow*."

GetThePuckOuttaHere*

Feb 23, 2017
Wise at 22 spot?
Wahlstrom not in your first rd?
Veleno will drop around 12-16 spot maybe even later.
I think lundstrom goes 6-10

I listed Wise and Lundstrom as potential risers, and Wise has really nothing but last year's hype to convince me to place him any higher. I'd move him lower before I'd move him up.

I agree that Wahlstrom should be in first round, and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as a top-10 pick; he certainly has the talent to do so. But there's nothing extraordinary about him yet IMO, stat-wise, and everyone above him deserves to be in the first round, too.

I disagree about Veleno. Right now, I still think the majority of NHL teams would pick him third after Svechnikov and Dahlin. If you watch him play, he already has all the traits that superstars have; speed, patience, hands, and high IQ. His stats aren't great, but he's been pretty buried on a powerhouse team behind players several years older than him, and he's played very well with limited ice time and in the playoffs.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I listed Wise and Lundstrom as potential risers, and Wise has really nothing but last year's hype to convince me to place him any higher. I'd move him lower before I'd move him up.

I agree that Wahlstrom should be in first round, and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as a top-10 pick; he certainly has the talent to do so. But there's nothing extraordinary about him yet IMO, stat-wise, and everyone above him deserves to be in the first round, too.

I disagree about Veleno. Right now, I still think the majority of NHL teams would pick him third after Svechnikov and Dahlin. If you watch him play, he already has all the traits that superstars have; speed, patience, hands, and high IQ. His stats aren't great, but he's been pretty buried on a powerhouse team behind players several years older than him, and he's played very well with limited ice time and in the playoffs.

Veleno comes from my hometown
Kirkland qc... seen him enough
Know of his parents as well. I'd be surprised if he goes top ten and even more surprised if he is a star in the NHL

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Jesperi Kotkaniemi highly touted Finnish prospect in 2018 draft.
Other interesting names Jesse Ylonen ( son of ex Finnish NHLer Juha Ylonen), Niklas Nordgren and Arttu Nevasaari.

He seems pretty touted. Im suprised he's not mocked in the Top 15 let alone 1st round and it's not even like he's short either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad