Advice: waxed laces

Tacks92

Jun 16, 2014
Second the Elite Pros. They have the right amount of wax for me, and last long. One of my current skate laces is going on three years old, playing 3 times a week.

MoonlightGraham

Oct 28, 2005
Montreal
I use Elites as they are the only brand they seem to have in stores around here. Be careful tough, I've bought some that didn't seem to have much wax on them. You can tell how rigid they're going to be by feeling the laces through the hole in the box.

Tacks92

Jun 16, 2014
I use Elites as they are the only brand they seem to have in stores around here. Be careful tough, I've bought some that didn't seem to have much wax on them. You can tell how rigid they're going to be by feeling the laces through the hole in the box.

I just checked an unused pack I bought a few months ago, and you are completely right. Like no wax on those suckers. Man!

mikitas donut

Flowers of Antimony
Sep 10, 2010
Northern Illinois
I really like Bauer waxed laces,not too be confused with their garbage stock laces. The Bauers don't stretch like the Elite ones do. But that's a matter of preference. One of my teammates really likes laces that stretch so he uses Elites.

I've found they also sometimes have way too much wax sometimes. Like, it gets all over your hands and the laces get really rigid and sticky. They end up seeming really stringy since it sticks to itself.

jazzykat

Mar 10, 2013
Second the Elite Pros. They have the right amount of wax for me, and last long. One of my current skate laces is going on three years old, playing 3 times a week.

That is amazing, my skates are cut after about 2 months or less. However, they work well.

Tacks92

Jun 16, 2014
That is amazing, my skates are cut after about 2 months or less. However, they work well.

the weird part is on my other skate I rip through laces, but for some reason this one skate lace refuses to die. It's been cut all over, but not all the way through and at this point I'm going to just let it ride for as long as it can.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
I've found Elite to be inconsistent in terms of waxiness and durability; and they end up stretching too long. My last pair were even different lengths out of the packaging, one lace about 3 inches shorter than the other.

Have recently been using Blue Sports and pretty happy to date. A lot less wax on them.

H0ckeyDad

Nov 26, 2015
Use the Elite Pro's on my sons. Do an outside-in through last eyelet. Laces 'hold' on tightening. No longer have to tie my kids skates. Held up for about 10 months now.

howeaboutthat

Jun 20, 2012
A ways outside MI...
Howies.

I used to use Elite Pros as they're all my local hockey store used to stock but now they stock both. I found Elite Pros stretch too much and compared to Howies just don't feel as substantial.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
second the bauer waxed laces. kinda similar to graf but a tiny bit wider and not quite as "rough".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad