Watching the Isles in London

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
Morning all,

So I'm an Isles fan who lives in the UK. This season I am yet to miss a game on GCL and I saw a few last year in Long Island.

So this morning at 5am I am watching us chuck away another one with our astonishingly bad team defence and I wondered what the next best steps are. Here's my view, it's probably nothing new but hey it captures pretty much all that is killing us right now.

Fire cappy
Fire snow
Buy out wang

Those are the three dreams for me on the business side. Sadly the only one that may happen is jack gets the sack.

So what else can be done?

Don't move Weight to main coach. For God's sake this would be suicide.

Trade for talent. Don't trade for more hopeful punts, put a strategy together and identify players who we could actually possibly get instead of scrambling for whoever is out there.

Lose Bailey, okposo, Regin, amac. Start again, new players, don't hope these guys will improve as they won't. Okposo has skills but just isn't consistent enough to touch first line.

Plug away with strome Nelson De haan etc. Don't scratch them, don't get their heads down, don't reward awful streaks with continuous second line play for Bailey and Co whilst these guys are keen.

Throw money at Vanek. Sorry, but this whole thing of not paying him big money annoys me. We don't pay ANYBODY big money so for Christ's sake if we have a shot at signing an elite player let's do it. He doesn't fit the system right now but objectively he is the second best player on the roster and with time could be a lethal weapon. He's still relatively young but has experience few others have. On top of that he has a helluva shot and could help strome and Nelson learn. He likely won't sign but let's at least try.

It's 10am, it's raining and all I can think of is trade value and how bad snow might be over the next couple months.

Here endeth the limey perspective.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Raining? wtf you talking about? I'm here on business near Liverpool St and I see sun and some clouds.

Anyway...The only way for me to get a decent reception (internet) is to use prepaid from 3 or O2. It costs roughly £12 to watch an entire game...it's just not worth me staying up that late to watch us lose.

TBH..nothing is gonna happen until at the very least Cappy is gone...but if you start removing management, Wang has to be prepared for a completely different business model. I also would put it past Wang to fix games without the players knowledge. That's just conspiracy theory

I don't think anything will change until everyone from top to bottom (management) are removed.

I am almost tempted to ask a lawyer on here to open up a save the islanders trust where fans can deposit money until such time that we can buy out Wang and shake things up...then again..too many people trying to call the shots will probably be an even worse problem.

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
Raining? wtf you talking about? I'm here on business near Liverpool St and I see sun and some clouds.

Anyway...The only way for me to get a decent reception (internet) is to use prepaid from 3 or O2. It costs roughly £12 to watch an entire game...it's just not worth me staying up that late to watch us lose.

TBH..nothing is gonna happen until at the very least Cappy is gone...but if you start removing management, Wang has to be prepared for a completely different business model. I also would put it past Wang to fix games without the players knowledge. That's just conspiracy theory

I don't think anything will change until everyone from top to bottom (management) are removed.

I am almost tempted to ask a lawyer on here to open up a save the islanders trust where fans can deposit money until such time that we can buy out Wang and shake things up...then again..too many people trying to call the shots will probably be an even worse problem.

Lmao. Am at angel and it was pissing down. How strange!

I would invest in the Trust fund straight away lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad