OT: Watching Oiler Games in Calgary

OilNation

Aug 26, 2014
Hey Guys,

Now with Calgary out it should't be to much of a problem finding the game on? I've been to a few places like Schanks but was curious if there are some good spots in the city.

I've noticed there was a few members living in Calgary cheering for the Oilers and I was wondering where a good place to watch the game is here down in cowtown? (w/ sound preferably).

I moved down here ~7 months ago after graduating university after living all my 24 years in Edmonton but haven't been out to watch many games. So far most weekends I made the trip back to Edmonton just to watch hockey with some friends.

Thanks!

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Hey Guys,

Now with Calgary out it should't be to much of a problem finding the game on? I've been to a few places like Schanks but was curious if there are some good spots in the city.

I've noticed there was a few members living in Calgary cheering for the Oilers and I was wondering where a good place to watch the game is here down in cowtown? (w/ sound preferably).

I moved down here ~7 months ago after graduating university after living all my 24 years in Edmonton but haven't been out to watch many games. So far most weekends I made the trip back to Edmonton just to watch hockey with some friends.

Thanks!

My deepest condolences

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Hey Guys,

Thanks!

Great place to live and even better if you are an Oiler fan. :D

There used to be an all Oiler pub in the NW corner of downtown. It was great little place during the run in 2006. Full of Oiler fans.

Hopefully someone can post about another place...would be great to have an option down here. :nod:

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Great place to live and even better if you are an Oiler fan. :D

There used to be an all Oiler pub in the NW corner of downtown. It was great little place during the run in 2006. Full of Oiler fans.

Hopefully someone can post about another place...would be great to have an option down here. :nod:

Trolley 5 on 17th is pretty packed each Oilers game. The guys managing are Oilers fans and wear their jerseys.

I'll likely be there tomorrow!!!

gizhola

Apr 19, 2006
There's been a large group of Oiler fans getting together at The Pig & Duke at 1312 12 Ave SW. I was only there for game one and there were about 90 Oilers fans there.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Agreed on Trolley 5.

I went there a few months ago during a game and saw multiple people cheering on the Oilers. I found out later that they all worked there, including the Owner and GM.

Man, it would be pretty funny if Oilers fans took over the "Red Mile" haha.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Agreed on Trolley 5.

I went there a few months ago during a game and saw multiple people cheering on the Oilers. I found out later that they all worked there, including the Owner and GM.

Man, it would be pretty funny if Oilers fans took over the "Red Mile" haha.

Now that would be classic. Blue mile.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The local DJ on CJAY92 likes to organize Oiler bashes, give him a follow @JDfromCJAY.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Amen.

I've never met a more deluded group of dumb****ks than Calgarians. At least people in Edmonton and Winnipeg are aware of how undesirable their city may look.....Calgary folks parade around like they're some global metropolis.

Adolescent generalizations like this are not necessary

Perhaps this thread can actually be about places to watch a game instead having it degrade into a tribal pissing contest.
:shakehead

Question about Trolley 5 for those that have been there...is it a restaurant or a bar?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yes I stand corrected !!! That's gonna take some getting used to (orange not winning)) lol

Maybe both....winning seems strange. I keep waiting for something bad to happen. ;)

The Orange is growing on me. Bought my first Orange jersey before the game Thursday. First time I have ever bought a jersey with a number on it. Looks pretty good. :D

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Maybe both....winning seems strange. I keep waiting for something bad to happen. ;)

The Orange is growing on me. Bought my first Orange jersey before the game Thursday. First time I have ever bought a jersey with a number on it. Looks pretty good. :D

What number did you get? I was looking for a Talbot for a present for one of my sons and they were sold out everywhere!

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Adolescent generalizations like this are not necessary

Perhaps this thread can actually be about places to watch a game instead having it degrade into a tribal pissing contest.
:shakehead

Question about Trolley 5 for those that have been there...is it a restaurant or a bar?

Pub. Its the old Melrose - at least the east half of it. Which is pretty fitting since Melrose was ground zero of the Red Mile celeb in 2004. It ours now!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Pub. Its the old Melrose - at least the east half of it. Which is pretty fitting since Melrose was ground zero of the Red Mile celeb in 2004. It ours now!

Oh okay. I know where you are talking about.

Very fitting if it were to be painted Orange. :D

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
What number did you get? I was looking for a Talbot for a present for one of my sons and they were sold out everywhere!

I am now one of the many McDavid minions now. :D

My second choice would have been Talbot...3rd would have been Draisaitl. I seem to recall seeing an Orange Talbot jersey at United Cycle.

OilNation

Aug 26, 2014
Thanks everyone for the suggestions I appreciate it!.

Now that I know there are some good options with some like minded fans I think I will be checking out one of the places tonight (the trolley or pig and duke).

Huge game tonight, Go Oilers Go!

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Oh okay. I know where you are talking about.

Very fitting if it were to be painted Orange. :D
It used to be red but all the tears from Flames fans have faded it to orange.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions I appreciate it!.

Now that I know there are some good options with some like minded fans I think I will be checking out one of the places tonight (the trolley or pig and duke).

Huge game tonight, Go Oilers Go!
I look forward to hearing "Lets Go Oilers" echoing down 12th and 17th tonight.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I am now one of the many McDavid minions now. :D

My second choice would have been Talbot...3rd would have been Draisaitl. I seem to recall seeing an Orange Talbot jersey at United Cycle.

Yeah I bet UC has one. I got him a Lucic one instead, my man!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad